Simple Science - digest experiments # 38

Continue to publish on Geektime digests from "Simple Science". And today, in addition to our videos, will be another of our audience, which also removes these videos.

In today's issue:
the smoke in the glass; electrochromic film; wire with memory; Video from filming the program "EXperimenty" Science Channel 2.0.

Smoke in a glass h4>

Experience shows the result of a chemical reaction percentage of 25% ammonia solution and concentrated hydrochloric acid.
NH3 + HCl = NH4Cl

electrochromic film h4> < br />
An electrochromic film is a two layer film with an inner conductive layer and a liquid crystal substrate. Off the crystals are arranged randomly, forming an opaque white-matte surface, scattering the transmitted light. When voltage is applied immediately to stabilize the crystals, the film becomes transparent and allows light.

Specifications of the film: 90-110V power, current 0, 1 A / m2, capacity - 7 W / m2, the switching speed - less than 1 sec., The transparency of 7-75%, the resource switching more than 100 thousand. Times, operating temperature range from - 40 ° C to + 75 ° C.

Wire memory h4>

This experience of our audience. Each following video he gets better and better, I recommend anyone interested to subscribe.

Video from filming the program "EXperimenty" Science Channel 2.0 h4>

The program has not aired on TV, it's working papers from the shooting. As for the sensations inside the vacuum packing, I can say that it is better to try once than a hundred times to see. When you compress the package starts, but complete immobilization, is added a sense of fear.

I remind you about our books .

By the New Year, we released a set of our books, chocolates and packaging with a surprise. Details here .

Source: geektimes.ru/company/gtv/blog/242446/

Tags

See also

New and interesting