Exclusively for your ears: print headphones on 3D-printer

Startup OwnPhones plans to use the magic of 3D-printing to create perfectly suitable for the ears of the customers of wireless headphones. H5>
Your and only yours: Issue headphone scheduled to begin this year i>

Jasmine France (Jasmine France), former author reviews audio products on CNET, complained of their « too small ears », which made finding the right headphones very difficult for her. Well, WeirdEaredJas , we have news for you. Startup OwnPhones plans to launch personalized wireless headphones printed on the 3D-printer.

"Ears are like fingerprints - each of them is unique, so it's time to give consumers the headphones that would be ideal to them," - said Dzhobani Itamar (Itamar Jobani), founder and CEO of the newly-fledged company from San Diego.

To complete the development of the product, OwnPhones launched in July a campaign to raise $ 250,000 on Kickstarter. However, those who subscribe to notifications about the launch of the campaign, offers a 50% discount. It is expected that the retail price of the headphones will range from $ 299 to $ 499.

To get your own headphones, users will need to open a special mobile application from OwnPhones and shoot a short video in which you want to capture both ears (I'm going to approach this issue and take a little creative "aural" video in the style of «Game of Thrones» remix).

After creating the video, mobile app to download it to your company's server. OwnPhones, in turn, using photogrammetry (the science of determining the properties of objects from photographs) translates images from a video in the 3D model. Customer may choose the material (plastic, gold or silver), and the style of headphones offered by the company. It can even specify a favorite sport (eg, skiing, snowboarding), after which the company will combine the analytical data obtained from the mechanical simulation of the selected type of activity to choose the most suitable appearance of headphones.

Headphones also have various intelligent functions: for example, the ability to fine-tune the audible sound (from the total sound isolation from the outside world, to the combination of the user's music with urban noise). With the indicator light will be available status of the owner of headphones (green = available, ask about what you want; yellow = busy, but you can contact if you need; red = not come any closer than 3 meters to my aura).

The idea of ​​printing headphone 3D-printer, was born in Dzhobani (sculptor and creator of installations) after a fall of headphones while jogging.

"Conventional headphones cause pain because pressure on the ears. If you do not press, they fall ", - said Dzhobani. - "Custom headphones OwnPhones, for example, is ideally sit when you run or jump».

I failed this week "scan" your ears, so I have no idea how well the process of assembling the headphones on order. But I do not rule out the probability that the new headphones will be the best of all that I wore. And how do you feel about this kind of experiments?
Positive (see some potential of such projects) negative (need to deal with more pressing issues) The future will show (winner of the 3D-printer) Only registered users can vote in polls. Sign , please. 417 people have voted. 55 people abstained.

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/audiomania/blog/238135/

Tags

See also

New and interesting