Review headphones closed type Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ MHP-839

Hello Geektimes!

I continue to acquaint you with the gadgets of the American company Monoprice, distributors which is our company SOUND4YOU . Today, I'll introduce you to the headphones closed type Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ MHP-839 from the series Pro, which are intended for professional DJs and music lovers. Headphones were fairly highly appreciated by consumers in the US market for high-quality sound at an incredibly affordable price.
It seems that the developers set out to create a headset with a simple design and minimal configuration, where 80% of the cost will be the cost of sound.

In this review, I propose to do without the preface of the paint and immediately go to the description of these headphones.

Package:
Headphones Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ MHP-839 comes in a conventional carton sizes 23h23h9 cm and a total weight of 470 g To be honest, the quality of the box can be described as "simple as possible". But it often happens that a manufacturer intentionally makes a cheap box to reduce the costs of advertising, "wrapper" and give the consumer a quality product.

Appearance and ergonomics:
After opening the box, we find that the manufacturer is not reported. We see directly the headphones, the two cables and adapters all. Not even instructions for the first time this happens, but all the major parameters are listed on the box.
There is also a cover, and the headphones folded and it would be nice to include in the kit manufacturer the easiest fabric cover.

The housing and materials:
Now directly on the headphones themselves Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ MHP-839. Headphones usual size for overhead, gated, fully cover the ear. The body is made of black plastic with a matte finish, which is very practical. This is a very light headphones weigh just 230 g
Headphones are not felt on the head, as if becoming a part of your body due to ergonomic parameters: folding cups with soft ear pads and memory shape of your ear. Cups can be rotated in different planes, reducing the pressure on the ears.
Ear pads and headband cushion for very soft and pleasant to touch, made of durable high-quality eco-leather. Incidentally, even the high-end headphones have long switched to artificial skin, as it is more practical in daily use. Cups removable and can choose different colors.
The upper part of the headband is made of a flexible rubber, which increases the comfort and durability of the shrinkage. The headband is adjustable in height.

It pleased that the headphones are easy to fold, by turning even more correct to say, topping 180 ° cups. This is the way these headphones chips.

sound:
In headphones Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ MHP-839 50-mm drivers. The following will describe the technical parameters, and then his impressions of the sound.

The frequency range of i>
The frequency range is probably the most meaningless parameter in the characterization and more used by marketers. Man hears between 20Hz - 20kHz, at the beginning of this range are low frequency sounds (bass) at the top - high-frequency sounds. The task of any headphones - correctly reproduce this range, without failure, without wheezing and bassist hum, hiss and gnash without HF. This reflects the ability of the amplitude-frequency characteristic (AFC), and is usually presented as a plot of volume frequency. Therefore, the more smooth and smooth curve, the more accurate and clear sound. Unfortunately, I could not find the manufacturer of the frequency response graph, but in box Headphones Set range 20Hz - 20kHz.

The sensitivity (sound pressure level) i>
Sensitivity - is the efficiency of headphones: the bigger it is, the louder the sound headphones, regardless of the source. Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ is very loud, the manufacturer indicates 100 ± 3 dB, which corresponds in fact metering using VUMeter, which can be found online Apple Store or Google Market ...

load resistance (impedance) i>
For Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ set manufacturer resistance of 40 ohms. If you do not go into radio, then we can say the following: the greater the resistance, the more powerful source of need for headphones and the less the effect of the source of the sound. In other words, the headphones will work perfectly with both the player and the more powerful sources, such as DJ "turntables».

As you might guess from the review I have long delayed to share their opinions on the sound. In fact, because it is hard to describe the sound of inexpensive headphones that sound as expensive. Write honestly and only good - raised doubts among readers. But I still try. Headphones definitely loud. The developers have focused on the low frequencies, which is not surprising. The sound is very bright and juicy. The range of low frequencies is very forced, but it's no goal or a medium, or high. At the same time by the standards of the class, you can even talk about such things as control and detail. The bass is deep and very impresses with its softness. Low frequency sound is very pleasant, there is a desire constantly shaking his head in time to the music!
Average rate - the weakest side of inexpensive headphones, as a rule. But Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ here and we were pleasantly surprised. Voices sounded natural and deep, which does not expect the headphones at this price. Although sometimes the mids sound a little detached, especially against the background of rhythmic bass and bright treble. I can honestly say that even this result can be considered outstanding in the framework of the price range.
In general, the sound quality of these headphones on top, but as with the other models range Monoprays, this tradition has gone from the first legendary headphones Монопрайс 8320 , which I will do a separate review and great with all their pluses and minuses. Subscribe to our blog - all the fun is yet to come.

Connection:
The big plus is that the headphone cable is interchangeable. Includes two cables: one usual standard lengths - 1.25 m, the other - a studio, thick and long - 3.5 m. All plugs 3.5 mm and have a gold-plated anti-corrosion spray. Included is an adapter 3.5-6.3 mm.
Cord and adapter of excellent quality, which is not surprising, as the company began to Monoprice on the market and to this day remains the market leader of adapters and cords for professional musicians.

The price and warranty period:
Check for the presence and buy headphone Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ MHP-839 you can always on our site
«Магазина mobile sound "SOUND4YOU"
All models Monoprice we provide a manufacturer's warranty of 12 months.

In this review, I also want to add that in line Monoprice has наушники Monoprice Hi-Fi Light Weight model MHP-865 (Light) , we can say it is a younger brother, a little bit different design, they have a soft ear cushions and a standard 32-ohm impedance, both of these parameters tells us that they are "people", and they are fixed cable, but also to turn the cup 180 ° C as in the series "DJ Pro".

Conclusion:
If you are a lover of good sound quality, but are not willing to overpay for the top job of marketing the headphones, the Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ MHP-839 - this is your option.
The only negative that I can identify - a rather austere, simple design. While this may be for many people and a plus: no bright inserts, chrome etc.
Excellent powerful bass sound paired with good ergonomics are perfect for everyday use. Headphones are suitable for use in recording studios, as well as for amateur music.

Source: geektimes.ru/company/sound4you/blog/250758/

Tags

See also

New and interesting