Arthur Barry. Legend criminal world

Arthur Berry - the king of thieves in the world the United States 20 years of the last century. Man with a stunning intellect and talents weight chose, however, not the most honest and honorable way. But his art of stealing admired in those days, even the police. I propose to learn about the "exploits" of the criminal to continue the post!

Barry has specialized on precious stones: the money did not take the gold (after being picked out stones) threw. Total has never used a weapon and did not hit any of his, as he called them, "clients". If they found themselves at home during his visit, he politely asked them to get jewels themselves - to save time.

He robbed only the rich and influential people. In the end, being robbed "thief-gentleman" was a sign of high status. Resourcefulness he showed fantastic. Studied the catalogs of jewelery and gossip columns, go to parties, I studied layout of houses of the rich and the details of setting the alarm. One social events he met the Prince of Wales. Arthur blurted out the cute couple of hours with the future monarch of his relatives, and a few days later a member of the royal family jewels gone for 150 thousand dollars. Rockefeller mansion guarded by a pair of trained vicious dogs. Barry lowered his bitch on a rope, which began in heat, then quietly brushed house. Dog, he then took the dogs happy - not to leave evidence.

During World War I gave Barry a vacation in which some fighting, and received a Silver Star. He lived in a big way, his chauffeur drove a red Cadillac. Most of their income is spent on women. One out of jealousy, and passed it to the police.

Berry was sentenced to 25 years in prison, but in prison he was bored. He is cunning crept into the armory, he neutralized the guards distributed weapons and made prisoner revolt. In the ensuing chaos, he retired. Three years later, he was caught again, and he still served his term. Coming out of prison, he settled in a small town where, in spite of his past, respected, and was elected leader of the local organization of war veterans.

At the end of his life he was asked whom he robbed in the largest amount. Arthur thought about it and answered, "Myself. I could become a stockbroker. Or a teacher. Or a successful businessman. I could have done better, benefit society, not spending with two thirds of the best years of his life in prison. "

Hence

Tags

See also

New and interesting