A touching photo book Phillip Toledano

Thoughts about the last days with his father, photographer Philip Toledano clothed in the form of photo books, which movingly and honestly described his feelings, all the moments of their lives. He made this album for myself, and it turned out that his edition was a success, because it affects the thin strings of soul of so many people in the world.

Because this book - about us.

My mother suddenly left this world in 2006. And I realized how much it meant for me, for my father. He grasped a real shock. Every 15 minutes on the way home, he asked me why no one told him about his mother's illness. "What happened to her?" "Why did not anyone call?" "How did she die?" In the end, his mind simply refused to receive the information, and I stopped to say that the mother is not, because every time he relived her death. I said that she went to Paris, and until his death he patiently waited for her return.

Thus was born the album, which is dedicated to the life of my father. Without our mother.

Mom, he recalled constantly ...

My dad is in the 1930s., It proved to be a supporting actor in Hollywood. It was not bad as an actor, handsome and well off. All this I learned gradually, more and more time talking to him and realizing with horror that I did not know about it. He often looked in the mirror and being vain, worried that so old. In his 98, he remained in the soul of an actor, full of promise. I remember he was so upset that ETS that was going to dye your hair shoe polish, as long as they did not look so "intimidating».

I found his notes to the desktop. He wrote it when I thought that I did not see it. These were the thoughts that troubled him: "Where is everybody?", "What's going on?».

My wife Carla often held his hand. He always pointed out that her new dress. At the moment he is again, as he said, "dirty old man vulgar" obscene allusions to women. He even loved when my wife went to a short dress, and admired her slender figure. That's what surprised me: how he lived, in spite of everything. As a result, Charles decided to hire a nurse, not to confuse the mind of my dad.

My dad often blurts out that he wants to die. However, part of his resisted death, and some wanted to move into retirement, he thought, and so he lived too long.

And this is my father's best friend, our doggie, whom the Pope called for a friendly - Matt. Although the dog's name was George. Dad believed that our dog has a truly powerful intellect. He loved it, and I think in many ways, our pet has actively supported his father in the craving for life.

My dad spent on the toilet at least an hour. And I do not even notice what he is going to get, and how much there is. When we knocked on the toilet, he lifted his eyes in surprise, they say, why are we the way? He just came and sat. Senile changes, nothing to do. Sometimes he behaved just like a child.

Receiving Food turned to hard labor: Dad did not accept food that was cooked not like my mother. A mother was dead. He ate only eggs they were similar to those fed him what mom. Naughty often curves at the table and spit out the food.

There was an amazing storyteller, joking, often opened the curtains in the evening and said: "The children in the yard the night, it's time to sleep, and I'll tell you a story." And once stuck cream roses on the jacket, and called my wife, and laughed: "Cool my tits?»

He told me a lot and I learned this year about it more than for the entire previous life.

My dad was not right after his birthday. He turned 98 years old.

Tags

See also

New and interesting