Deathbed regrets

Most often, the dying, especially men, said: "I wish I worked less».

The nurse caring for patients in the last weeks of their lives, are the five things that regret dying people.
Bronnie Ware - Australian nurse, worked for many years in palliative care. She cares for the patient during the last 12 weeks of their lives, recording their dying words, which are then published on his blog.
For many years I worked as a nurse. My patients - those who go home to die. It was a special time. I was with them last 3-4 weeks of their lives.
People draw a lot of awareness of his own mortality. Some of the changes were taking place fenomenalnymi.Kazhdy of them experienced a range of emotions: anticipation, denial, fear, anger, remorse, denial again, and finally acceptance. Each of the patients come to terms with them before leaving.
On the question of whether they are sorry about something that could be done differently in your life, again and again surfaced general points. Here are five of the most common of them:
1. I would like to see I had the courage to live my life the way I wanted, and not, as would others.
"This is most often regret. When people realize that their lives came to an end with a clear head and look back, it is easy to see that many of them dream never became a reality. Most people are not able to implement even half of what dreamed. They die and know that the reason lies in the decisions that they have taken or not taken by yourself. Health gives man freedom, many are aware of it only when he is no more ».
2. You should not have to work so hard.
"This was stated by each patient, a man, for whom I cared. They did not see their children grow up and little time was devoted to his wife. Talking about it and some women, but as many patients belonged to the older generation, they were not forced to earn their bread. All men, for whom I cared very much regretted that so much time of his life to hard labor ».
3. I should be more courageous and speak openly about their feelings.
"Many people suppressed their feelings in order to keep peace with others. As a result, they secured a mediocre life and not become those who might become. Bitterness and regret and there are reasons of illness many people ».
4. I should maintain relationships with friends.
"In most cases until the last weeks of life were not aware of the true value of friendship. Many were so busy with their own affairs, that during the life lost precious friendships. Many people are very sorry that your friends have not paid enough time and attention. Everyone dies misses his friends ».
5. If I only allowed myself to be happier.
"Amazingly, I often hear these words. Many till the end and did not realize that to be happy - this decision. They are stuck in old patterns and habits. The so-called "convenience habits" dominate their feelings and their daily lives. Fear of change is something led to the fact that they deceive themselves and others, believing that they are satisfied, even if deep down they really wanted for once to be able to really laugh or have some fun ».
Our happiness is that we were born. That is what we will do our lives depend on us. It is a pity that the true value of life is realized only when life comes to an end. What is important at the end of life, should be important also for life.

--img2--

Source: oxyxo.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting