Curiosities and complexities of life royal

Not always kings were kings. and sometimes it ended very suddenly. When, after thirty years of successful reign went into another world Swedish King Carl Johan XIV, the doctor who examined his body found in his chest tattoo "Death to the King!" Karl-Johan XIV was once a marshal in Napoleon's army by the name Berandot and fiercely I hated monarchy.

Etiquette, which august persons suffer unspeakably. Here's how to describe the conjugal visit of the King of Spain to the Spanish Queen treatise on etiquette published in 1719: "At the feet of the King sneaker, shoulders draped black silk robe, in his right hand - a naked sword on the left - a night light, and with a wrist hangs on tape night vase. " How in these conditions can perform the conjugal duty - namely that the king, in general, and walked into the bedroom to the Queen - is unclear.

And the princes suffer from idleness, because officially they do not work anywhere. Not so long ago an English newspaper published the announcement: "I am looking for a job. A graduate of Cambridge, traveled to different countries, have excellent communication, a competent speaker, has undeniable data leadership. He served in the Navy, in aviation, a widower with two sons. The size of the salary does not matter. " Ads posted by Prince Charles of Wales, who'll never know where to put his tireless energy.

Peter I, which is not idleness, and kindness doing strange things sometimes, when one of the Guard of Peter I in a boxing match KO'd English professional, Peter paid for treatment of the vanquished, and very expensive.

And so what requests sometimes have to listen to the King! What is the story of a merchant Krasnobryuhova who asked Alexander I on the change of name. Alexander thought long and graciously allowed him to be called Bluebelly. That grief went to Finland and founded a brewery that still produces the famous beer "Koff" (say, exactly spelled name "Sinebrychoff" drunken Finns).

And here's another case: when Frederick the Great inspected the Berlin prison, all prisoners swore are innocent, and only one admitted that he sits for a robbery. What can you do? Frederick ordered immediately kicked out of the prison of the robber, so he did not influence badly on the good people gathered here.

Madagascar Queen Ranavalona severely punished the courtiers who dare to violate its strict ban came to her in a dream.

The mayor of the Spanish city almost lost his head for having presented a gift of the future Queen Anne silk stockings. After all, according to etiquette, ladies and gentlemen, the queen's feet can not be!

The story of another Spanish queen. During horse riding her horse bolted, but two of the heroic officer caught up with her, save the Queen and trotted rushed into exile because of touching the queen relied death penalty.

And by the way, because of this law severely damaged the King of Siam. That's what happened to him unpleasant story. Once Siamese king climbed to bathe in the river and began to sink. Around there were dozens of court, but the king still drowned, since none of the court not want to go on the block.

Source: oxyxo.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting