Desktop on a palm

The Russian company ZAO « Networking Technologies » and its branch in Taiwan « Communication Technology » Ltd. at the upcoming exhibition Computex 2014 held from the 3rd to the 7th of June in Taipei, presents three minicomputer-based platform Cedar Trail - Atom N2000, Chief River - 3rd gen Core i3 / i5 / i7 and Shark Bay - 4th gen Core i3 / i5 / i7 .

The history of the company "Network Technologies» h4> The history of our company is quite heavy, it began in the 80s of the last century with the help of enthusiastic team of engineers who gathered in the basement of the university. The team engaged in the development of the first personal computers in 1988. created the first computer called "Irisha." In the 91's the company began to develop the second area of ​​activity - development and manufacture of communication equipment, and in the 93 th year opened the third direction - creating mobile radio communications for law enforcement agencies of the Russian Federation. To date, the company has a main office in Moscow and a subsidiary in Taipei.

Creating the world's smallest PC h4> As it happens, the story goes in a spiral, and in 2012 the company once again took up the development of personal computers. The basis was chosen as the world leader in production of processors Intel. I must say that the whole development was carried out exclusively by our engineers, the development of the scheme (quite a change from the reference circuitry Intel) to soldering circuit boards. Pilot production is organized on their own, their own SMD line in the Taiwan office, competent supply and a large number of business partners around the world. Well, anticipating cries about it all the Chinese, our bought and sold (at first this was, especially on 3Dnews), write it all marketers, etc. - I'm one of the main developers of these minicomputers, live and work in Taiwan, and by the way right now writing this post from the minicomputer Raydget SlimBox III.

The first board we launched the module was embedded form factor COMExpress on the platform Pine Trail. Ie shawl 200 by 200 with Atom processor 400th and 500 series chipset and NM10. Nothing super remarkable about this board was not, we can say it was a pen test, debug, production boards, debug circuitry and wiring.

The next project was a miniature standard Qseven module based on the platform Queens Bay industrial performance. Atom E600 series chipset EG20T.

The development was remarkable that we have been able to make the module thin enough to counterbalance Portwell and Advantech. The idea originated by itself, the module having a sufficiently small size - 70 to 70, to connect with a small motherboard and get the output of super small computer.

In the end, we did a computer dimensions 125x74x12 mm and weighs about 150 grams. Specifications were not too flashy -

CPU Intel Atom E680 1.6GHz
Memory b > 1Gb DDR2-800
Drive 64-256Gb SSD mSATA
Wireless interfaces WiFi b / g / n + BT 4.0
< Network Ethernet 10/100/1000
Audio Mic jack + Headphone jack
Video VGA D-Sub
Peripherals 2x USB 2.0
 But it is currently allowed to turn Windows 7 without Aero, and a built-in video decoder solves the problem with DXVA video playback up to 1080p.

With the success of this computer is showing at the 2012 Computex Taipei and Global Source Hong Kong. In the photo I'm in the company of girls kompyuteksinok.

Received a lot of feedback from potential customers, while continuing to develop new platforms (at the time was run Cedar Trail - Atom N2000, D2000), decided to make a second version of the minicomputer and the promotion of the brand and line of minicomputers Raydget SlimBox.

Raydget SlimBox II h4> So, plastic housing, a slightly larger 145x77x16mm, not modular structure and improved performance.

CPU Intel Atom N2800 1.86GHz
Memory b > 4Gb DDR3-1333
Drive 64-256Gb SSD mSATA
< Network Ethernet 10/100/1000
Audio Mic + Headphone jack
Video mini-HDMI type C
Peripherals 2x USB 2.0

Get more reviews and deciding to reduce the price of the computer, we have increased the thickness of the shell and set slide under normal 2.5 & quot; HDD disk. Raydget SlimBox II is now available in two versions with SSD and HDD.

One should not forget about the accessories for minikomyutera, they too must be mini. In a special bag placed PSU, all cables and the computer itself.

And VESA bracket to mount the monitor.

Raydget SlimBox III h4> But this is a beast machine. In the maximum configuration:

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U 3.1GHz
Memory < / 8Gb DDR3-1600
Drive 64-256Gb SSD mSATA
Network Ethernet 10/100/1000
Video HDMI type A, WiDi
Peripherals 2x USB 3.0
 With RAID of SSD, but on the condition that if WiFi card is not installed. But with this, I'm writing a post.

Computex 2013 did not pass us by, we took part and showed the world SlimBox II and then a prototype SlimBox III.

Raydget SlimBox IV and Raydget CoolBox IV h4> So how ignore the newfangled SharkBay platform based on the processor Intel Haswell. Maximum configuration of this computer:

CPU Intel Core i7 4600U 3.3GHz
Memory 8Gb DDR3L-1600
Drive 64-256Gb SSD mSATA td >
Video mini-HDMI type C, WiDi
Peripherals 2x USB 3.0

Since Haswell quite economical in terms of heat release a new model lineup CoolBox - computer without a fan.
Features little different from SlimBox IV -

CPU Intel Core i7 4600U 3.3GHz
Memory 16Gb DDR3L-1600
Drive 2.5 & quot; HDD
Audio td > Mic + Headphone jack
Video HDMI type A, WiDi
Peripherals 2x USB 3.0 + USB 2.0

Competitors h4> Basically, all the mini-computers now are based on ARM processors. This HDMI dongles, Pi-based computers, etc. On the x86 architecture as similar projects - counted on the fingers.

At the time of the first instance of such devices did not exist. But time does not stand still and Intel itself has decided to do something similar.

Intel NUC (Next Unit of Computing). This form factor motherboard, measuring 4x4 inches. On the basis of this form factor computers already do GIGABYTE and ASUS.

Tango, minicomputer processors from AMD http://habrahabr.ru/post/221987/ . Everything is good, the size is similar to ours, but cumbersome docking station, without which this mini PC is not popolzueshsya nullifies the compact size, and it costs half of that computer.

Gigabyte Brix http://habrahabr.ru/post/222033/ . Form factor NUC.
CyberPowerPC http://habrahabr.ru/post/222153/ . Same form factor NUC.

In the end h4> Coming Computex 2014.

Стенд our company opposite ASUS. If you are going to the exhibition - must come and visit our booth, we will be very happy to show and tell about our devices.

Links: i>
« Networking Technologies »
« Communication Technology »
Raydget Russian
Raydget Taiwan

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/ctcom/blog/224511/

Tags

See also

New and interesting