Where to go with his Indie-project and show it to people?

Good day, Habr!

Russian indie games industry is growing with each passing day, more and more sensible projects appears on the network and increased demand for PR malomalski their projects. Everyone knows a variety of activities such as E3, IgroMir, CWI and the like. Indie games to break almost impossible, and the participation fee will be prohibitively high!

What then, there is a solution!

Nearest event of such a plan will take place in Moscow and called DevGAMM. There's something I definitely fly with the project (remember who my couple of articles «Tower Defense with your hands?"). Pleasure is not cheap, but once given a free ticket, why not fly? But the question now is not about DevGAMM'e - it and so everyone knows who is interested in this topic.

For years, one invites to the event starcon.pro/ . If before I strongly refused in mind its location, and had no idea of ​​their place at the event, but this year I will have to seriously consider. The fact that this year 'STARKON' announced the creation of a zone for independent developers. The idea is good and extremely tempting. Ideally, it is seen as the CWI for independent developers, which will give us the opportunity to entertain people, and simultaneously attach it to your own design, standing in front of their own stand with the game. On the whole, the overall thrust of the event is captivating, but it's not about that.

How much does it cost? And is it worth it? Most third-party developers such a journey may seem expensive, but let's count.

The most difficult in this case to find the best option. Purse in fact more like a black hole, you put your money into it, but they are there somewhere vanish. But do not let the bad news, let's finally considered.

The cheapest ticket from residence to St. Petersburg by plane will cost me almost 15 000 rub. (round-trip from Ekaterinburg). The amount is not small to say the least, but quite feasible. Travel time - a little less than three hours.

There is a more economical option - a train, the road there and back will cost 8000 p. The path will spend almost two days, and then the smell of grilled chicken and smell of alcohol provided me completely. Option is not the most comfortable, but more economical. What can not be a drawback, because the difference is almost twice!

Accommodation in St. Petersburg (excluding to eat) with armor, drawn up in advance, about 2500r night. Given the fact that it is desirable to arrive in advance to set the stand and meet with the organizers - arrive / come to have in advance, even the day before the event. Total living (which is 2 nights) it is necessary to postpone the 5,000 red forever. Yes, it is not luxury hotel, but the hostel to me for such purposes will be enough.

Stand! The most weighty and expensive unit of the trip. But the most interesting part!

Let me explain why. What is the stand? That's right - to attract attention, and clearly tell us about yourself and the project. I, unfortunately, not EA and not Activision, and money on the beautiful centerfold I have not. And dorogushchie scenery, I'm with my indie project is not exactly pull. Therefore, we must seek more affordable options. This print backdrop. Vinyl background with inscriptions typical fotougol at any festival. Calling the nearest shops found that vinyl background buy cost me in good 5000r. This is the cheapest option. Not bad, but it is not 45000r, not the most biting of the scenery. But bad luck, it is also to carry on with each other and carry-on baggage, and without it will be fully. Only one way to use a courier service like DHL. When you call to find out that the transportation cost 12000r. Such an option, I do not fit exactly. We'll have to look for and negotiate with on-site workshops, the benefit of the Internet age is not so difficult. We assume that the heel will cost me thousands in 7000r when I order it in the St. Petersburg workshop. But a backdrop will clearly not enough. It is necessary to show the way the players what they need to play! Need technique! It is desirable to a lot of equipment!
There are two ways to solve the problem:
1) to rent. Poking around the Internet, it has been found very suitable option to take a couple or three HP ProBook 4520S I5, (Zhelezyaka worthy, and all the parameters are satisfied) for 2 days. For the money will be released about 3200r (2 Toshiba) and 5000r (3 laptops). Again, the price is quite reasonable. But why when I have friends?
2) Take friends. Save - so the full! I ask around among friends and they are ready to provide a number of machines for the sake of my noble goal turkey.

Since I am an Indian, you have to be an Indian to the end! It was decided - taking iron friends!

To summarize. The total amount does not include equipment rental!
26 000 rubles if you fly an airplane.
20,000 rubles if the train to travel.

That's how much the presence of the CWI at indyushnom! I can only decide on this trip after DevGAMM :)

In conclusion I want to express my gratitude to the immense Habrahabr! Thanks to you have been collected on grinlayte voice and my project gets the green light. Who I am already involved in its integration with the Steam API. See you at the DevGAMM, and then on STARKON!

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/221611/

Tags

See also

New and interesting