Scraps and shutter .. .. Great Patriotic War

Stalingrad - it's hell on earth, Verdun, Verdun red, with new weapons. We attack every day. If we manage to take 20 meters in the morning, in the evening Russian cast us back.
___
Lance - Walter Opperman.

A week ago, escaped from captivity 15 Russian soldiers. Chase drove them in a dilapidated pillbox. In a bid to raise their hands and surrender, they responded with machine gun fire - DotA still had guns and ammunition. Before the evening we tried to destroy the Russian soldiers, but they were too tenacious, and dot - yet strong. In the morning gunners brought for direct fire anti-aircraft gun, but it did not bring much benefit - dot stood and snapped Russian fire.
We have suffered great losses. Only in the evening of the second day two of our sappers crept closer and flamethrowers burned the inside of the dugout. And then out popped two fiery torch, two Russian soldiers, burning alive - with rifles at the ready, they went at us, firing on the move, they did just a few steps and fell.
Fighting with the enemy impossible - Russian fighting to the last, is still alive.

Normandy, 1944.
I sent my column right on the Shermans were hiding near Tiger tank.
Tigr destroyed & quot; 7 & quot; Shermans of my company before retreated. We fired anti-armor and anti-explosive shells directly on the frontal armor of the Tiger with a distance of only 100 meters. None of them struck his frontal armor.
___
The commander of the British armor battalion

& quot; Above my trench I flew a huge clod of earth, and some dark object. Instinctively, I pressed my head to his knees and pressed himself more in the bottom of his cell. In an instant something thud, falling in the mud next to me. I jerked back, terrified. They were mutilated remains of my friend, who occupied a neighboring cell body with severed limbs. Shards turned into a quivering bloody mess of his chest, neck and face. But his mouth, which, surprisingly, did not hurt, suddenly began to emit guttural moans and spoke as if from another world:
- What is wrong with me? What happened? Why is it suddenly became dark? Why can not I feel my body?
Twisted stumps of his arms and legs torn off by the most hip, helplessly twitching.
- Help me, help me, please! - The words of his prayer were heard a strange gurgling sound.
I panicked. On the verge of hysteria, I shrank back against the wall of the trench, so as not to touch the mutilated body. Paralyzed, unable to move, I could not take my eyes from the dying man, who screamed shrilly:
- I was blind, aaa-ah, blind, aaa-ah! Where are my hands? Aaa-ah! - Convulsively twitching, the body start to roll over in the mud.
I thought I would go mad, and suddenly trembled. I began to mentally shout: "God, let him die! The curse, the curse, let him die! Well, why did not he die ?! "My mortally wounded comrade shouted louder and louder, and finally with a wild howl" Aaaaaa-ah! "Twisted trunk stumps last twitched convulsively and fell silent for good & quot ;.
© German sniper - Josef Allerberger.

April 11, 1944 was released the city of Kerch.
About gravity and fierce fighting is evidenced by the fact that during this period 146 people were awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union, and 21 military unit - the title of "Kerch».
April 11, 1944 Kerch was finally liberated in the course of a general offensive of the Soviet army, the number of many thousands of civilians of the city at that time was 30 people.
Total on the Kerch bridgehead lay down their heads more than 254 thousand Soviet soldiers.

Without the support of infantry, we were almost defenseless against Russian infantry. From time to time we beat fences high-explosive. No tangible results it did not give, and we shot more to strengthen his own spirit. Suddenly there was a deafening sharp roar. As we got. Given that around was a lot of Russian, to get out of the tank would be suicide. However, the engine continues to run, but the tower still tossed. I called on the radio Shtolmayera, who was walking right behind me and asked what had happened. He said dryly:
 - I knocked off your tank Russian high-explosive fragmentation. He almost set fire to you & quot; Molotov cocktail & quot ;.
 - You could do it with a machine gun!
 - Machine gun jammed, and I could not hesitate. I had to shoot high-explosive fragmentation.
_____
© Untersturmführer SS Rudolf von Ribbentrop, the commander of the tank Pz IV.

When our village today announced a mobilization, all the young people ran together recorded by volunteers, some even claimed the couple of years to get to the front. We were given two hours to to pack up and take with you the essentials. I will never forget the atmosphere that prevailed when we were immersed in the trucks. Women were crying, and we young guys just smiled and joked. My neighbor Fyodor hugged his mother and said, "Mommy, a month will be back, defeated the Nazis and back come, on the farm to help you," one guy even proudly told his mistress: "Wait for me a couple of weeks, I'll bone Hitler in the bag will bring ».
None of us could not have imagined that this hell will last for four years.
__
Unknown Soviet soldier

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting