Chin-Chin

Genghis Khan name rottweiler. But I used to call it Chin-Chin. Firstly, because in short, when it beckons to feed. Secondly, the terrible "Genghis Khan" somehow does not fit with its current shape and destiny. I "met" with him a couple of years ago, but then it seems to me, on the face of Genghis Khan already reflect the effects of human treachery and baseness, which, of course, the dog does not understand or accept.

I do not know the reasons that prompted the owner of the Rottweiler remove it from a city apartment and settled in the courtyard of his farmhouse, which is next to mine. Judging by the fact that the dog was soon forgotten and pozabroshen, dragging half-starved existence, Genghis Khan became superfluous. Or - dangerous.

It was really a terrible animal. Almost bundle of steel muscles under velvety skin. A huge head with traces of past massacres. And, of course, the jaw that easily snack lamb thigh bone.

Chin-Chin showed aggression in all its glory. If he suddenly heard the roar of the fence, I knew he was rushing from the depths of the court toward the goal net and catches them with all his breast, shaking the concrete pillar and fence. Members Active tried in good time to pass quickly the neighbor's house. And the children and did Genghis Khan avoided a mile away.

Once I took a pitchfork and peremahnuv neighbor's fence, I went to meet with the Chin-Chin. The dog was very surprised to see me in their possessions. No roar, no barking, no evil grin - just scrutiny.

Putting forks in front of him and saying: "Well, the goat, one of us here is more cool?" I slowly walked to him. Khan wavered and backed away, keeping an eye on me. So, gradually advancing and cursing, as the dog backed away, I drove him to the far corner of the yard. A few minutes later we looked at each other. I - probably with ill-concealed rage that always simmer if apprehend fight. He - puzzled, turning her head as is usually done by curious dogs.

Then I turned and walked to the fence, ready for the fact that Genghis Khan still ran after me and I will I will set him on a pitchfork. But he did not move and gave me quietly leave.

The lesson, however, did not go to him for the future. Later it with the same frenzy rushed to the gate when I passed. It was only much later that I realized that the so-Chin-Chin responds to any movement, trying to understand the new reality for themselves. For by the time he was almost blind.

Eventually hunger Chin-Chin made some way to go out. And even run to a nearby village. Late one winter evening, in the blizzard approaching the cottage, I saw him in the headlights on the road leading to the neighboring village. Admit, I little thought then flashed bad - catch up on the snow and hit by a car. It's one thing when this pile of muscles and huge teeth sits behind a fence, quite another - when in the wild, though the village out raccoons and foxes, and two local mongrels have been shot because of rabies.

However, push the dog I have not raised a hand. I slid through the snow to the house and already unloaded, saw Chin-Chin, who was standing nearby in the dark. He noisily inhaled the air, sniffing one of my bags with belongings smelled tempting sausages. But I did not give him anything, and an hour later walked in his footsteps, to see how he comes out of the yard and how to return.

Above the part of the neighbor's fence hung a powerful reinforcement mesh, under which the Chin-Chin managed to make a tunnel. Traces of blood in the snow indicated that the tunnel for the Chin-Chin's too narrow and it whenever crawled under the netting, he hurts his back the sharp ends of reinforcement. I knew that if not all dogs are equally sensitive to pain, it really is universal, they are susceptible to famine. But my head could not come that Chin-Chin elementary starving. Despite the fact that its owner is riding on an expensive jeep. And the hostess comes to foreign car not cheap. And the house, as they say, a full cup, even with excesses. And - always malnourished dog.

Chin-Chin began to come to me in my every visit. At first I just threw it more or less suitable for pedigree dog food - meat from the bones and soup, hot dogs, sausage or soup poured the remains of the cat's bowl, which he licked in seconds. Then he began to beckon to him and try to hand-feed, prudently moving his fingers, holding the bone, before link up powerful jaws. Then he went into the house and watched Chin Chin through the window, waiting until it settles at the threshold.

Once I ventured to pat his broad head off - accurately, fingers scratching behind the ears. After some time, I already being ruffled the ears and slapped his hand on the powerful neck like Chin Chin horse. Finally, when he sat down, I asked him to "give paw". You should have seen how proudly with lowered ears and raised jaws from which crashed language, it plops down in the substituted me his palm weighty "five fingers", and just right. He could spend hours lying on the threshold of my house, responsive to every sound. Well, if I did not go out for a long time, Chin-Chin gave his vote - something like the rumbling sobs, as if saying: "It is time to eat».

Despite the fact that malnutrition was his chronic condition, Chin-Chin coexist peacefully with the surrounding wildlife. He did not touch the birds and mice. Completely ignoring the rabbit, no one knows how once settled in the weeds of my former backyard. I myself had discovered it by accident, when he chewed into the flaps on the site stretched cables and hoses watering. After that, the rabbit stopped hiding. Grazing, clumsily hopping around the Chin-Chin, or lazily lie down on the track, admitting I almost came.

Then in the yard began to appear ... pheasant hunting farm escaped from Luzhkov. But to his Chin-Chin did not show any interest. That is, the Rottweiler was accustomed to their food, Betta food, but not a hunting dog. Unlike us, the people suffering from the perspective of a dog ... Pheasant selectivity laid at close range with a rifle my other neighbor, supercharged hunting instincts, and the rabbit "privatized" someone from the village.

The past winter was for the Chin-Chin particularly severe. I do not know what happened to him in January, but in the next visit, I found the dog with a torn lower lip, which was hanging on a thin flap of skin. It was impossible to look at without shuddering the way he hurried to crack the bone and how it interferes with a piece of his own mouth. All I could do - just wash the Chin-Chin mouth of potassium permanganate.

The worst situation was another: he desperately hungry, probably wondering arises from time to time that his condition. Like the dog, grown and brought up by some special algorithm, obviously, does not imply any worries about food, he was ignorant of such a simple thing for any mutts that are not eaten today, you can stock up on tomorrow, to hide or bury. So, while I was in the village, with Chin-Chin feasted surrounding crows and voles. But there comes a new day with him - humiliating and fruitless yaw empty yard. Dark evenings Khan just lay in the snow, sighing loudly when blizzards climbed into the nose. And one could only guess what was going on in his head. Although most likely did not occur.

And at the end of this spring Chin-Chin suddenly disappeared. I realized it's not just because he has not appeared on the day of my arrival, as has happened before, but also because in the plot ran piebald, awkward, and so very funny dog, responds to "Red." Feist lived at the far end of the village and the same, though the owner had lived a full life is not. She has appeared just once, when the undivided owner of the territory (for canine reasons) was Genghis Khan. He growled something, seeing little dog within his possessions, and she wisely vanished without any subsequent attempts to reappear. Now, Auburn was a business, and even valyazhen, marking the wheel of my car, and as if to say now is not Genghis Khan, and the released food niche as a holy place, be empty just not allowed.

It lasted until August. One evening, I cut the old slabs for the winter outside his area. On the main road to the streets of the village came out very young woman with a bicycle, on which sat a fair-haired patsanenok. At first I looked at them briefly, but noticing that for the bicycle is still a dog, killed the chainsaw.

Of course, it was ... Genghis Khan. The closer a woman with a bicycle came up to me, the less I had no doubt that it accompanies missing from spring Rottweiler.

From past his statue and the power was gone. Hollow flanks reminded washboard - so bulged ribs. The abdomen is quite consistent with the widespread expression "stuck to the spine." And it seems that he finally lost his sight permanently, with or without, sniffing everything that surrounded him.

Conversation. The woman was looking for my neighbor to "return" to him Genghis Khan. She was a resident of the village, which is located nearby. A neighbor brought her to Genghis Khan in May, leaving a bag of dog food, and no longer appeared. "The dog must be fed, - complained the woman - and my children do not always eat their fill." However, the cup overflowed the case of women, when Genghis Khan frightened village girl, which had the imprudence to come to the hungry dog ​​with a sandwich in his hand. It is, of course, wins the sandwich. And that was enough for the verdict of the village, "the good thing is not going to end».

I called Genghis Khan with a whole weekend and, as far as possible, fattened. And then he disappeared again and came at my gate ajar only three weeks.

- What are you standing there? Come on! - I called the dog, who used to come to me without a special invitation. The day before I think I cooked soup and now was going to pull out of his bones.

The dog, however, did not move carefully, it seemed to me, looking at me.

- What are you, Chin-Chin? Come, I will feed you!

In vain. Khan stood rooted to the spot.

I went into the house and taking food, he went to the gate.

- You watch very sdurel, Genghis Khan! Come here!

Realizing that I approach, Genghis Khan turned and stumbled up the road, outside the village.

The more I have not seen him. The village then it was said that Genghis Khan met in the near forest. Forest though "neighbor", but extends to the next village 20 kilometers away, being as it were the south-western outskirts Zavidovsky reserve. The people there are uncommon. It can be said, generally does not occur, if not the season of mushrooms. For the cast and repeatedly dedicated people Rottweiler is almost ideal. Although, if only because there is nobody here to betray.

Forgive us, Chin-Chin ...

© Dunduk

Source: http: //

Tags

See also

New and interesting