"School" Lego-robots

Writes blogger russos:

My passion for LEGO has long been known. So when I was invited to take pictures of a Moscow school classes circle on Lego, I could not refuse. On Sunday morning I went to the Center for Education 345, where for many years there is a circle on the design Lego robots.

41 photos

1. In the early 2000s, several dozen schools were suddenly bought a lot of Lego. The cost of the kit in the school was about one million rubles. Most of these sets of numbers on the balance sheet and are gathering dust in the closet (or anywhere else), but in some schools, they have been used.

2. This circle exists as a once since then. Among the students found enthusiast who began to teach, and continues to do so until now. Now it's one of the best schools in Lego robotics in Russia, where the design and build here are gizmos.

3. This is a car. Almost like the real thing. He has a motor (although an electric - motor from Zhigulevskaya stove), clutch, gearbox, three differentials and three locks.

4. Clutch. The motor pulls the thread and press the wheel on the other. Red ribbed - a compressor drive for compressed air, which is controlled locking differentials.

5. Transmission, which has two forward gears and one rear.

6. The machine got heavy and fragile, unfortunately. Painfully fancy functionality.

7. The center differential. It is not blocked by the left and right blocked.

8. The differential between the wheels. On top of it is his lock.

9. Russia several times their team took first place.

10. In the global competition reached the second, while in Japan the kids somehow got the eighth place (it was just about 40 teams).

11. Since the beginning of the school year in a circle comes a lot of students, but, as usual, after a while, leaving only the most persistent.

12. Stopohod made based mechanisms Chebyshev.

13. Amir stopohodu finish body.

14. Who is involved in about 10 senior students. In the fall and winter is usually added 15-20 kids.

15. The work, though creative, but sometimes monotonous. How, for example, to collect the gear.

16. Andrei completes programming stopohoda. Language, by the way, is similar to C.

17. About nouta yellow box - is the brains of the robot. There poured software via IrDA.

18. In the snow, he does not want to go - he digs.

19. Brains and control. Powered by IR channel. The new version of the control is already underway on the bluetooth.

20. The competition robots are brought fully dismantled. So students have to cram by heart all the stages of assembly.

21. Lunokhod to April 12th.

22. Head Mug Oleg O. (formatcde) Maxim explains how best to make the cover of rover. Oleg before he went to the club, but now, in addition to the basic work, twice a week, led by a group of young creators of robots.

23. Assembling the cover of MC.

24. Oh, damn, why do I have such a school is not it?

25. Nikita repairing one of the models.

26. Maxim, Nikita, Amir and Andrew. See Andrew behind a strip of paper with the black pieces? This paper tape to the robot-pianist.

27. For one of the competitions the guys did a robot-pianist, who read out a melody with the "punch card". All drives are made with compressed air, and this - the remnants of his unit.

Pianist

And this - the mega-crane.

30. The new model for the competition, which will be held April 9. A robot must climb the stairs and back down without breaking a boiled egg, lowered in a basket in the center of the robot.

31. Prepare a set of spare parts.

32. One of the old projects.

33 degrees of freedom and a lot of other features.

34. And a lot of Lego!

38. A small but nimble robot.

40. Just a quick machine.

41. Cannon.

It is very good that the schools have such clubs, and most importantly - there are enthusiasts who are ready to do it. What students will always be - I have no doubt, but to find a teacher who would be paid this time - a problem. Now, the 9th will go to the competition the robots look like Oleg O. will perform with his students.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting