White temple in Chiang Rai (Wat Rong Khun)

A selection of 31 photos + text ogarskaya

Please do not break

When I first saw this house in the picture, I was so fascinated and impressed! I could hardly believe that such a beautiful building exists at all in this world !!!

It turned out that everything is realistic and get to this place is not too difficult. White Temple or Wat Rong Khun, it is fully called, is located in the north of Thailand, a few kilometers from Chiang Rai.

Reflection

In my opinion this is the most interesting and unusual temple in Thailand. Its beauty is simply excites the imagination!

The area is very refined with the temple itself, there is a pleasure to walk. Pile fountains, statues, swimming in the pond here are fish.

This temple by the way very young, construction began in 1998 and is not yet fully completed.

Build temples is one of the most famous and popular artists in Thailand Kositpipat Chalermchai, it is often referred to as "Thai Salvador Dali." Mr. Chalermchai he came up with this church, as well as its general appearance, and every single statue.

Artist basically builds a temple to their own money without attracting sponsors, so that nobody can dictate their terms. I was surprised that the entrance did not even take the money, although it seems to be logical and would help to build the temple.

More

and

Photo №11

№12

№13

№14

№15

№16

All fragments of the temple are covered here such small stёklyshkami.

Stёklyshki very beautiful shimmer in the sun. Temple all the time blinks. Therefore, in his life, he looks much more impressive than in the pictures. I think they just can admire the infinite!

№19

№20

№21

№22

№23

№24

№25

These are the hands can be seen at the entrance to the temple.

I had a mismatch Light air temple with an image that's so brutal statues.

And you would have seen that inside the temple! It was forbidden to take pictures, so to show how in there I can not better themselves and Ride to see everything with my own eyes. The paintings of the temple impressed me no less than appearance! Nothing of the kind I have not seen in my life! Probably the most unusual Buddhist temple in the world!

I was most impressed with the painting that tells about the struggle between the forces of Light and Darkness. In the picture there are quite unusual characters, such as Neo from "The Matrix", a scene from "Avatar" and "Star Wars", all kinds of robots and monsters, and above all this the Buddha and his disciples. This picture Kositpipat Chalermchai created three years. The artist thus wanted to show the eternal truths more understandable and close to the language of today's younger generation, hence such an unusual interpretation.

And here is Mr. Chalermchai, anyone can capture a loved one next to the talented person.

№31

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting