Crocodile vs antelope - a tragedy at the crossing

They had no chance to survive. A huge crocodile attacked a flock of wildebeests who made the crossing of the river in the Kenyan Masai Mara reserve during their annual migration. Scenes in which some wild animals attacking others, often shown on television, but this scene of violence is simply amazing.

5 Photo © Solent News

Sorokadevyatiletny Italian artist witnessed this horrific scene: "It is not often possible to see this in the wild, I still can not forget the smell, the dust, the noise." Deadly crocodile killed a four antelope, but strangely, he did not eat dead animals.

1. The power of nature.
Defenseless antelope did not expect the emergence of a strong and a huge crocodile. Predator lurking in the water, waiting for the antelopes, which made the river crossing.

2. Nowhere to retreat.
Huge herds of wildebeest crossing the river makes in Masai Mara during their annual migration.

3. awful and at the same time striking spectacle was filmed wildlife photographer Paolo Torchio, who happened to be at that time in the reserve.

4. The frightened animals from all the forces trying to escape the jaws of a ferocious predator that achieves its goals through the power of the blade and sharp teeth.

5. Why? Once the crocodile killed a four wildebeest, he did not eat their prey.
"This is the most dramatic moment in the process of migration of animals, the whole day they can make an exhausting campaign, and suddenly, in one moment all the stops. Photographer Paolo, who lives in Kenya, said: "To capture this moment, the photographer can wait a lifetime. I've never seen such scenes, so try to put in my photos all emotions going on. "

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting