Are You Afraid of the Dark?

11 photo + letter
Author: Damir Otegen

The material was taken from the Kazakhstan Site of photo www.voxpopuli.kz

All of us at times feel a sense of fear when faced with something unknown. But sometimes, when we are particularly vulnerable and defenseless, fear, like a snake creeps into our souls and tries to pick her up. And then comes the real horror ... Almaty photographer Damir Otegen tried to look into the eyes of their fears

- Once I had a dream, where the ghost of a woman with broken limbs, hoarse voice, and a bloody face suddenly appears in the closet and pounced on me while I sort out things out there - says Damir

- The same night I decided that I should try to take a picture of something like what I have seen in a dream. I wanted the audience to have experienced similar emotions while viewing photos

- I remember the night after watching the movie "Curse" in the cinema, opening the door to the apartment, I thought (I'm sure, like everyone else who watched this movie) Do not pursue me it's nightmarish creatures? No whether its on the other side of the door?

- I have a simple principle - the more realistic situation, the worse it will look ...

- There are plenty of horror films, but it is the "curse" made a strong impression on me. Chilling scene in the normal city, ordinary houses and apartments. And the worst thing - not only at night but also in broad daylight

- Do you remember as a child afraid to stay alone in the room?

- It's not an abandoned house with ghosts, who left, you will feel safe. This is your house, your apartment ...

- Each of us see caricatures and silhouettes of different sounds, as we sit alone in a dark room. Who knows, maybe terrible creature now just crawling on you from another room?

- And the main thing - to have time to turn around ...

The author thanks all those who took part in the project, who was not afraid of prejudice and looked into the eyes of your fears

Posted in [mergetime] 1305183796 [/ mergetime]
Full photo report you can see by clicking on the link: www.voxpopuli.kz/post/view/id/331

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting