Museum of Strategic Missile Forces in Balabanovo

In some paltry 100 km from Moscow to Kiev highway is a wonderful museum of strategic missile troops at the training center of the Strategic Missile Forces. Visitors to the huge hangar can enjoy virtually the entire history of the Soviet rocket from P-2 to Poplar and even assembled here training mine layout command post.
However, there is one drawback - the museum on the territory of the military unit and therefore to the common people are not allowed, and the complex allowed, but do not allow a lot of pictures.

36 photos via mmet

1. On the open area lined up a variety of car SRF. Not without a "principal" - Poplars. Distinguish Poplar RT-2PM Topol Topol-M by RT-2PM2 easily on wheels - from the first modification 7 wheelset

2. Mount the whole thing on the MAZ-7917 - 15U168. If the Soviet era in the production of Topol was attended by many republics of the USSR, the now Topol-M foreign-made chassis only (Belarus, MZKT - MZKT)

3. Fuel consumption per 100 km - 200 liters. When the tanks of 800 liters will be enough for 400 km. Then you need to wait for a tanker, or in an emergency drain the diesel fuel out of the car to ensure that it follows along with the starting complex and other necessary machines

4. It looks like the driver's seat. That's right, least of all the area is assigned to the windows (not to be afraid of horror of nuclear war)

5. All are very easy to control, Automatic transmission, etc.

7. Pedals two brake chokes left foot.

8.Srazu sitting behind the driver, I have forgotten someone, but it faces a beautiful telegraph, which was not allowed to take pictures

9.Komandir goes to the right in a separate booth. In winter coat there very closely. The new modification of this lack of Poplars eliminated

10.When intelligent machine is called "unit 15U168." Accordingly this unit on the basis of MAZ-7917 carries a rocket 15ZH58 in transport-launch container. The container maintains the desired temperature and humidity conditions with the help of all the heaters, coolers and dryers. Solid rocket is sensitive to sudden changes in temperature, so although it can be stored at temperatures from -50 to +50, but the main thing to avoid abrupt changes.

12.Zabyl about the most secret - gyrocompass. Previously, he was so secret that it was impossible to even look at the right side of the machine. Now, looking at side, you can, but the compass is strictly sheathed.

13.Dalee go to the car to ensure alerting - MOBD, 15V148 unit.
Mounted on the MAZ-543M and serves as a power station for "rocket car" (two diesel and 30 kW), as well as life-support personnel in the amount of up to 10 people

14.Vnutri one quadruple and one coupe

16. In this cozy atmosphere you can comfortably go to the position where you destroy the world

17. In this cozy atmosphere you can comfortably go to the position where you destroy the world

18.Stolovaya no kitchen - money down the drain. Therefore, a separate compartment covers kitchen. Right stove, refrigerator Left

19. In the fridge all on the shelves, not to herring and sausage are not mixed up with the shaking of the fields and meadows

21.Voobsche with food there should be no problems. Is that I have not found a box for oranges and strawberries

23.Voda cold, hot water - everything you wish

24.Gde something in the hallway is switchboard

25.I unit of radiation and chemical reconnaissance GO-27

26.Takzhe placed in the hallway dryer and hangers for clothes

27. In the tail compartment placed machine-gun turret and communication equipment, which, in spite of his 30 years of age still is secret and can not be photographed
By the way, there is such a wonderful car is sold for only 650 thousand. Rubles

28.Dalshe send them secret machines, that they are not even remember well. So go straight to the learning launches
This is the layout of the mine control center, where officers are trained in firing rockets

29.Seychas just received an order of launching ...

30 ... and the rocket flew in the US (and maybe not, but where they still fly?). Now you can relax, fasten your seat belts and wait for hitting enemy missiles (we do not shoot first, and only in response).

31.Samoe beautiful - exposition missiles housed in a huge building. Unfortunately, there are not allowed to shoot everywhere, because somewhere placed missiles were armed

32.Rakety arranged in chronological order of their creation and can clearly see how the development of our power and engineering. Unfortunately, lacking only the very first Soviet ballistic missile R-1, a copy of the German V-2, which is dense in the 1950s to save the forgotten stories

33.Esche of the downsides - you can not see at least a mock nuclear warhead. Here is a false target, and say it is approximately similar to the real

34.Takzhe in a building built in the full-scale mine command post. The heights of the two floors was not enough and they are placed separately

35.Vnutri also posted consoles for missile launch and conducted training of cadets. Filming was not allowed, although our Ukrainian friends had long been turned into an outdoor museum
But we showed the living room, which is somewhat different from what I saw earlier Ukrainian counterpart

36.I first time I saw the look of mine toilet RVSN

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting