Recovery of rubber linings in the photo technology

Why is it in the PL? - But because of the many different appliances and electronics use rubber nakladnki,
and this information can be useful to someone in another area.

Psto I hope will be useful =)

All owners of the professional Nikon product is very loved and appreciated Rubber and rubber cover its cameras and lenses,
the camera is pleasant to hold, and it will never slip out of your hands under any circumstances.

But to pay for everything, gums start to come unstuck on the technique usually 5 years. The reason - the fat and sweat.

In fact, it's never been a problem on the Internet, you can always find new rubber inserts, and can find
How to Recover a new tire because she does not spoil and become worthless, just fat finger soaked
through the gum and reaches adhesive which adhere to greasy surfaces can not. If you get rid of the fat tires - she again
"Syadit" the place to ochednoy a period of 5 years =) Here, each in different ways, one 3 years who 5.

Then one day I decided to restore the elastic ring on the lens shift FR Nikkor 80-200 1: 2, 8 AF D mk.3, the Internet does not
I found at the expense of the lens and began to do all the instructions regarding the gum from the camera.
As it turned out the difference is not great, and I'll tell you about it later.

1. So, what we have: gum despatched wider than was originally, and it swelled at the edges sometimes come unstuck. That's what we'll correct!

2. Vooruzhivshit flat screwdriver, I thought that now would have to tear off the old glue ... but he was not there at all! =)

Gently prying gum takes it to the top. The slower shoots - the better. Pull force it to anything.

3. Under the rubber is plastic tape, she also held not much, so I was a little prokleyal its adhesive moment of the crystal. (DO NOT USE superglue! Superglue When the camera / lens is unlikely to be able to even sell at the normal price! The thing is that it hardens like a stone, and it is impossible to pull out, but it does not keep rubber) Clay, use strictly according to instructions.

4. soaking, I used rubber ocheschenny gasoline for lighters (125ml). I took the cheapest of UAH 20. (80 rubles)

5. Remove the cover from it and pour the contents into a container

6. capacity put our gum so that the level of gasoline was higher rubber and no part of it is not peering out.

7. Put the timer for 20 minutes. I put 2 times * 1, that is, for 40 minutes. You can safely put on the hour.
Rubber from the camera * 2: place for 20 minutes, if you want to reduce it to 1 mm vertically and horizontally.

8. It has been 40 minutes. We got the gum and put it under the hair dryer at the rate of 1 per 10 minutes.

9. After that, leave it for a single for 6-8 hours.
During this time, gasoline eventually erode and tires will be less than before the procedure.

10. It took 8 hours. Morning. Take the "tool": Glue, Adhesive tape paper, 1mm Nylon thread, knife, toothpicks and napkins.

11. Carefully read the instructions for use on the packaging glue. And just in case wrapped with tape the parts,
which must not get into the adhesive.

12. Try on our rezinochku. She stood almost perfectly.

13. The folded portion of the lower gum and a thin layer of glue on the surface at ney.ravnomerno smeared with a toothpick or your finger.
Then strongly pressed gum along the entire length of 10 seconds to the glue grabbed.

14. swathes prikleyannuyu half gum nylon thread to clamp the well, and it was easier to glue us to the second.
The second part is folded and do the same thing.

15. Now thread has squandered over the entire length. Check that the tires are well laid,
without projections, indents, without clamping and nedozhaty. We reserve so for two hours.

16. Removing the "bandage" and see that the tire is and looks like new. But most importantly,
that she feels like a new, they are nowhere to be erased and not torn.

Posted in [mergetime] 1351718124 [/ mergetime]
All the same repeat for the second gum (focus ring), if necessary.

The operation was repeated after 5 years =)

* 1 I've done all 2 times not to go through with the soaking. I was soaked for 20 minutes and dried 2 times,
to achieve the result I needed.

* 2 For trims on Nikon cameras used tires with a high content of natural rubber, it is much faster and gaining the fat renders, as well as much faster deformed by soaking and drying.
In order not to overdo it and do not "squeeze" the gum during the soaking is necessary to be careful in choosing the time of soaking.
Usually, it is 15 minutes. It is better to soak it 2 times than too much reduced.

That's all I wanted to say!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting