How things work: duty escalator

Source

About Workplace

I sit in the glass booth for 8 hours, three days after one day off. Break me once a day - an hour or half an hour we are given. Immediately first running to the toilet, we are there for working hours once we go, then you go into the room staff subway - heats the food, which itself brought. Lunch and back to the workplace sooner. I work for the "Smolensk", we've got a long, long escalator, barely have time for a break to do everything.

Kennel we have quite convenient - you do not see that I chair is so old, then at least the legs can be pulled. That sent me to work in the "Kiev", there is no turn. Booth ends where the chair, do not know where to put myself. While that top supervisors, who are sitting at the turnstiles, put new booths, and even the stove installed. We are also still waiting, waiting for the changes, and then they themselves have developed and acquired the stove: cold to sit in the winter - a terrible thing!

Only tiles fried hard, and every time it was inconvenient to persist to it on or off. And then the assistant driver Sasha some assembly adapted - and we've got a handy remote control is now with two buttons. When it's cold, you press the button - turn on the stove. In general, the grace is now.

In the booth, there are three main switch to turn off the escalator. Turn them off when some dangerous case I should, but I can not turn on - this makes only the driver of the escalator, even his assistant does not have such powers. I have a direct connection to the driver on the phone. The other phone I have to communicate with the station duty officer and another for communication with a central controller, which sits on the "Komsomolskaya". We call it the "central hut».

Still there is a microphone - I warn people to hold on to the handrails when you turn the escalator; I say, to become at each step, and so on. We have an entire book with phrases that we utter.

About people

People I do not consider separately, for me it's just a figure, undefined mass, I have long been accustomed to see so many people. Once near the escalator was a man waiting for someone, she stared, then walked up to me and says: "As you sit here, I in 3 minutes dizzy».

What people are doing on the escalators? They're coming, reading, kissing, it happens - it's good, and then the garbage. It is constantly happening. Throw something down without a twinge of conscience is absolute. Once I was sitting in his booth suddenly I heard that something rattles, flies from the top, metal, judging by the sound. This is something flew into the cabin, knocked, batted another escalator and flew into the open window directly into my lap. I am horrified that with myself became to shake, and then look: some copper coins. It turned out, the British pound is still stored on the memory.

I have been working here for 12 years, when I no escalator seriously hurt, although cases have been dangerous. One man was driving with a suitcase. He put the suitcase and goes quiet. A bag-it is necessary to keep it up! Because sometimes bouncing steps. And, of course, the case suddenly jumped and rolled. So he rolls, flips, a terrible crash! A suitcase turned out to be a huge granite tiles. She fell out, began to explode, jump to the ceiling and then fell. That's the fear I was even an escalator not immediately figured to stop. Tile more long rattled and fell. He ran on duty and we had raked together all of these pieces. A master of the suitcase and ran away from the fear of not picked up the suitcase. Well, at least no one was hurt.

The problems most often with drunk and with the old ladies. They sit down on the steps, fall asleep, disconnect, and they'll get; sometimes, falling and dropping others. Often, the problem with the Chinese delegation. They are also very much always great excursions. And here they are to each other, one after the other, one of them stumbled and fell - and start the chain. Just went fine, you look in a minute: it all came together, fell - and laugh or cry.

On the difficulties

Work with us nervous, of course, because of all these cases. Not so long ago we received a new woman to work. She says: "I sit and stare at the top of the escalator, I watch that nothing happened, ready at any moment to turn off everything. Yet about one point looked and then looked down and saw that there is an old lady fell forward and lay hands hands are approaching the comb. " It is time to stop the escalator, but the work is no longer came.

Most scourge for us - it is a nap. I've been unwell recently, but still went to work, just closed his eyes in pain in the ear, and I have noticed on duty at the station. Immediately calls and pronounces that I sleep in the workplace. Another 20% of the premium took off, and I did not even sleep.

How to fight drowsiness? Reading, crossword puzzles can not be in any case. Another time, a newspaper wants to see, but look within, duty already calling - out on us because the camera focused. Other times just a newspaper itself into the hands of flies, on top of falls. You select, you will glance at it a little, but you know that it is impossible, and soon you remove.
However, with drowsiness us restless passengers help fight. Just close your eyes - someone will knock on the glass. Hooligans, of course, but I tell them thank you very much, that awakened. But recently we have broken a window in the booth. I have worked as a co-worker; perhaps she, too, closed his eyes, and some guy walked past and how will the glass! Glass shattered, shards rained down on her. Well, she had on her head a great haircut - she likes to cheat yourself of all - something her hairstyle and saved.

On the label "gives more information on duty»

This plate was not invented by us. For example, I like to give help, because I want to talk sometimes! We sit like chicken sleepy, you know, it's tough, but someone asked something and the dream disappears.

To me often approach with caution, they expect me to them now nakrichit. So plaintive voice say, "Oh, I'm sorry, but you can not turn?" I say: "Do not worry, of course, refer only quickly, while on duty did not see." But you can not remove the plaque that is not very people felt free to talk too much because I can not, my goal is to monitor passengers.

More to me once kaveenschiki came, they had to for the story, so I responded to some questions on the camera - I am happy to help them. Now several years have passed since they sometimes drop in to see me, say hello, come chat.

On the issues and claims

What to us may have questions? But how to walk or drive. Most foreigners fit. English I do not know, but he's on the map shows where it is necessary, and I gesture for directions. In general, foreign tourists find a common language.

People are happy when we, for example, two escalators are working, and one in reserve. Come to me: "Let the second escalator, you also turn formed." And while he says, all have usually resolves. I asked him: "Look, there is empty, for someone to start up?" He is silent in confusion. The queue is going for one minute when the train arrived. And quickly resolved. And we have clearly prescribed schedule when a escalator works: for everyday life, for the weekend, there are peak hours, there is a recession passengers. And we can not at the request of passengers escalator to start up.
Or even the case when some emergency situation, you escalator abruptly turns off. Then you fit to passengers with claims: why you have not been warned. And I turned off when no time to warn someone, I have to work quickly, so that no one was hurt.

About salary

The salary we have 14 thousand rubles. Work, of course, only pensioners - and you get a pension and a salary, and have monthly premiums and allowances. In general, one can live. We have only one dream that we made work schedule, as at the top of the supervisors. They work 12 hours, but two by two. We 8 hours, but three in one. For one weekend not really have time to do nothing, because it is necessary and namytsya and go to the market and ready to work. We have long been promised, but it did not do - so it would be convenient.
I have everything ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting