A unique pass through the Northern Sea Route

According to the Northern Sea Route was gas carrier «Ob river» with a cargo of liquefied natural gas. Ensuring the safety of ice guiding the tanker involved in the nuclear icebreaker "Vaigach", "50 Years of Victory" and "Russia" Rosatomflota. On board the LNG carrier chartered by JSC "Gazprom Marketing and Trading", is about 135 thousand m3 of liquefied natural gas.
The uniqueness of the study was that the liquefied natural gas was first transported along the Northern Sea Route. The width of LNG is 45 meters, which in November could be the difficulty in securing wiring. However, thanks to the professional actions of the crew LNG and nuclear-powered ships Rosatomflota unique operation was carried out in record time.

Thanks to the two "Ice Pilot" (senior assistants to the nuclear-powered ships), carried out / to «OB RIVER» by NSR, my hands got a photo with these flights. I think readers will be interested to see

2. So, here are the main dimensions of LNG «OB RIVER»:

3. An attentive reader, I think, have already noticed that the bridge surface of the sea is visible only from three hundred meters from the bow of the boat. Which, of course, greatly complicates life skippers LNG when navigating in ice. But just say - the creators of the vessel is taken into account, and set the camera front and rear view:

4. To introduce a little bit the size of LNG (person stands exactly at the DP (of the ship, that is, human language - on the line dividing the ship in half lengthwise)):

5. And here is the anchor that should keep this very large object (this is a spare):

6. And in the pilot house can accommodate an entire market since the emergence of capitalism in Russia:

7. In contrast to the swimming pool:

8. That seemed ahead of the icebreaker:

9. And at the approach to the ice, and the second:

10. LNG bridge quickly became crowded:

11. Still, with such ice they had never met:

12. The assistant captain LNG - "ice pilot" 20 years crisscrossing the Northern Sea Route, and broke all the subtleties of navigation in these high latitudes, as well as the ability of front-reaching ledoboev, knows firsthand.

13. At that time, the captain instructed the senior navigator, navigator Jr. thinks to himself: "And where has brought me!?!?!?!»

14. "And feed this nuclear colossus - so close !!!»

15. But it starts to get dark, icebreakers were built in the correct order. And as always, we began to wag. Well I do not know how to walk straight ledokolschiki !!!

16. That wag, then left, then right !!!

17. The night so black as soot, and here and threw snow that lights searchlight barely light the way:

18. Only on the radar that glow green, and the hope, at this sight. That kind of night flying bridge:

19. But the Arctic is not the Arctic would be if it were not able to surprise and please your guests stunning:

20. That is what we call the "Northern Lights", foreigners called «Aurora»:

22. Even the atomic hero "Vaigach" at this moment seems to be quite a toy:

23. But all good things must come to an end, leaving the soul of the sailors crossing the harsh waters of the Arctic Ocean, a little heat.
"Vaigach" returned to service, and the caravan continues to move to the target:

24. And here is already beginning to dawn:

25. The sun comes over the horizon and below illuminates the smoke from the chimney:

26. But the view from the side:

28. Every moment everything around becomes brighter and whiter:

29. And the captain came on the fresh cold air in a good mood:

30. A few days later, with the release of the caravan to clean water, icebreakers fall off to the side, freeing the path of LNG carriers to berth:

31. On the bridge LNG car accelerates to full speed:

32. And now all you can drink tea:

Everything !!!

otseda!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting