"Restoration of the clock"

At work, examining every necessary and unnecessary stuff. In the end, I came across wall clock "Arrow". I decided to revive them and use as directed. Rummaging in the Internet read TramvainyHam post here.

Watch were in the dust by wiping them. As such, they appeared before me:

Back side:

I decided to dismantle and remove from the frame. Little cogs and Gadget are in the dust, paint, lime ... (4 screws on the sides)

The mechanism which led the arrows to move. (To remove it easily, I thought, it was not enough to simply unscrew the 4 nuts. Arrows stubbornly refused to give it to dismantle).

As a result, it was dismantled. All parts are rinsed hours, which was not rinsed, it was rubbed. I went to the store hours, scanned the storefronts. Found mechanisms with different parameters. I chose here such:

Since the diameter of the hour and minute hands are not suited to the new mechanism, it was decided to buy a little bit, to bring the arrows in the order. That's actually they:

Sobral mechanism, dial and hands in one piece:

Checked - go. Night stand. Accuracy of the procedure.

After this positive side, it was decided to elevate the frame clock. I wanted to freshen gray tones. We clean cloth to the metal rim:

The result after a couple of hours of "friction" surfaces:

More:

Next to the primer-paint, etc. bungled such nonsense:

After walking on the auto shop chose the cheapest primer gray.
I wanted to put on the balcony, and then -10. Not good.
As the population disapproves of apartments pungent odor. I locked myself in the bathroom and laid out everything you need:

I gave the primer to dry for about a day. The result pleased - matt gray surface:

More:

Blue paint color chosen. Bright, rich in comparison with native gray color. I had to go paint 2 times, as not all the seats were dyed evenly.

Further, the two layers paced acrylic varnish from a container. After a day to dry.

The rim has got a bright color, shine. While the nail was mounted on a rim. There was a question on the glass, as it is fidgeting on the dial. The solution - the rim of the glass press the dial. Cushion between the glass and served as a piece of iron to seal doors. Clipped, glued on 4 sides and is ready to eat.

Glass is already on the dial before final assembly:

The next day they took pride of place in my office, at work:

The final result is not that good, but cute.

Posted in [mergetime] 1358418923 [/ mergetime]
With fotami finally everything !!! Clocks go. Arrows easily new mechanism, they are aluminum.
To work used: screwdriver, tool knife, sandpaper, drills and drill bits, PVA glue, match boxes, cardboard, a lot of different useful paper in the form of newspapers, Automotive primers, paint blue car mobile, nail acrylic in the cartridge, seal the door.

PS: You can throw stones, slippers, ties, and so.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting