Plesetsk Cosmodrome

How to run and prepare for the start of the rocket you have seen, and you know for example there
And I want to show a little tour of the city itself peaceful. The finish marked. From my trip to NY to 2013.

Many probably think, yeah ... Plesetsk village and 1km worth launcher. Major turns out of the house, he comes to the button - press and sped usputnik for the atmosphere, and the remnants of the carrier to Kamchatka ... no.

I want to tell you about the town of Mirny Arkhangelsk region. Most of the photos are mine, as well as just a little with open spaces. Perhaps I'll start: cosmodrome "Plesetsk" (1st state test spaceport) is located 180 kilometers south of Arkhangelsk near the train station "Plesetsk" Northern Railway. The number of workers and the public Mirny - 40 ... 50 thousand. People (depending on the volume of tasks). Climate - continental, unstable, cold. Founded in 1960 as the first Russian missile base ICBM R-7 and R-7A (object "Angara"). When locating a primary consideration:
1. reach areas of potential enemies;
2. The possibility of carrying out and monitoring test launches in the area of ​​Kamchatka;
3. The need for a special stealth and secrecy.

The photo shemka spaceport facilities.

Since Soviet times the city, worn closed status, were shrouded in secrecy. They are not applied to maps. Their names are usually not mentioned in the media. As a result, few people knew that Baikonur - is Leninsk, Kapustin Yar - is Znamensk. That's Plesetsk cosmodrome is not linked with the name of peace. But you must admit, the city is the companion core enterprises deserve another
fate, they deserve to know about them.

His birth and formation of the city of Mirny obliged Plesetsk cosmodrome. 07.09.1958 (Order of the RSFSR Council of Ministers and the Regional Council of People's Deputies of the Arkhangelsk region) from the territory allotted for the construction of launch facilities landfill were relocated 3,920 people from 18 settlements. Simultaneously with the construction of the main
technological objects began the creation of cultural and community purpose. In 1957, the hospital was built, started PROMKOMBINAT, dining room opened. In June 1958, military engineers began to erect the capital houses. 11.23.1960 (decision of the Arkhangelsk Region Administration) was established peace settlement. 02/02/1966 settlement Peace was transformed into the closed city of regional subordination. For many years, and the spaceport, and he had peace deaf hidden in secrecy. The first publication of the spaceport and the city appeared in the national press in 1983 in the newspaper "Pravda».

Peace are eight kindergartens and five schools, technical schools, a number of branches of higher education institutions, the home of children's art, children's and youth sports school, a children's arts school, two libraries, a movie theater "Planeta", urban hospitals and clinics. The city is located retail network consisting of 165 shops and
pavilions, small retail network consists of 81 kiosk, there are 7 pharmacies, 14 public catering, consumer services of the laity engaged in more than 40 companies commissioned versatile indoor market. In the photo the main street of Lenin, inside and out - through the city.

In the southwest of the city is a lake Plestsy having glacial origin. The width of the lake is 100 m, length - 2, 6 km, depth - up to 4 m. The lake is fed by underground and meltwater.

In the city a decent amount of monuments and places.
Stella testers rocket and space technology.

Monument to "Space 2000" in honor of the extracted satellite into orbit in February 1989.

Monument to the courage and heroism of soldiers 1941/1945 biennium.

Memorial in honor of the soldiers killed during the test rocket and space (Eternal Flame) in 1973 and 1980.

June 26, 1973 9 people were killed in an explosion Kosmos-3M rocket ready for launch.
18 March 1980 48 people were killed during filling and preparatory work in
the explosion of a rocket "Vostok-2M", together with a companion.
My grandmother told me a very terrible thing, when they were brought to the hospital still alive officer, very young lieutenants - a terrible mess of flesh and form. Remember, grief!

The monument, it is not to not fly.

Monument to the founders of the garrison and the city.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting