Kill or be killed

During my study at a vocational school, I worked part time as a loader at a furniture company.
It was there in 2 buildings, the first which was collected and stored furniture, the second - where timber was stored.
I worked in the first building, and the second one by one we were sent when it was necessary to unload the wagon to the forest.
That building had its movers - and they are mostly guys sitting - for theft, and some of them for murder.

There I met a man - well, not that they do not fit into the local flavor.
I asked me for a cigarette and struck up a conversation.
We talked to him all the time that the timber unloaded from a conversation I learned that he sat and sat for the murder ...
I do not know why, maybe because of their stupidity, and maybe out of curiosity, I asked him about the circumstances - because of which he decided to kill a man.
The story of his for a long time settled in my mind.
It's been a few years, and I'm wondering the same question - what would I have done in his place?

Man of the name Vitaly, to prison, he worked as a mechanic,
He earned pretty good, had a car, a young wife.
On the day when his life was divided into "before" and "after" he and his wife once again went on vacation to her parents in Togliatti.
He had almost reached the destination, but at 20 km. he was stopped by the crew DPS.
Vitaly stopped on the roadside, prepared documents, but hand them DPSnikov not possible,
because instead of greeting directed at him and demanded the barrel out of the car.
Acne was not stupid and immediately assessed the situation, a young man, from which emanated much pairs of alcohol is clearly not the DPS, and a werewolf in epaulets.
We need to make a decision.

- And you went? (I interrupted him)
 - No! He said, eyes became sad and he continued.
Brother because my cousin was stopped and shot in the head allowed,
wanted to take the car, the cabin did not kill - in order to prevent damage to the machine and does not stain.

- And what would they have done with my wife? I did not take risks.

Vitaly had to call out to his wife ducked and rushed to the werewolf fight did not last long, sounded 2 shot - first hit the wing of the car,
the second head "DPSnikov." Teammate werewolf started my car and abruptly left toward Togliatti.
Vitali sat down beside the corpse and began to call the police.

An hour later the patrol approached traffic police and ambulance and traffic police arrived with the same partner killed a werewolf.
In the end, it turned out his car caught the attention of DPS - tk was similar to the one that was listed as stolen.
A "Werewolf" - whom he killed in battle, turned out to be not a werewolf and a former employee of the DPS, his partner at the time was acting inspector DPS.
Vitali condemned for 3 years (the maximum period under Article 98 of the Criminal Code). His wife could not wait 3 years and left,
the normal operation of it to take no one wants - even without delving into the circumstances - in which his whole life was hanged Mark - a former prisoner.

And if you come to raise the question: kill or be killed - of course, most will choose the first option.
But how would you do in his situation?

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting