Caution tourists - fidget

History occurred to me and my wife in the fall of 2011, what could end I did not even dare to present - judge for yourself.

As I wrote, it happened almost 2 years ago, but my wife hates fiercely Sri Lanka so far.

Here's the background.

My wife and I love to travel, but the welfare we have lower than average official statement on regionu- therefore allow the package itself can not. Painfully bold tear up our tour operators.

We have to look for cheap tickets to pump a bunch of information from the forums and tydy, to invest in the travel budget that we can afford. Behind at the time it was three separate countries, 2 of them in Asia. We do not advocate sit in one place, so for a trip change 3- 4 locations in each country for a couple of weeks. Accordingly, in order to save ride only on the local public transport, no rental cars and almost never a taxi. The experience we have a decent move.
Just never are led to calls helperov- local help. To sense from them zero, but then money zaebut beg.

And now the story itself.

Upcoming we have a small cast of 150 kilometers from Colombo to Galle. The distance is small, but very much on the bus utomitelno- decided to take off on the train. Places not wild, completely tourist. At the station began to queue up for tickets in cash. Standing - waiting. Suitable type of 40 years, normally dressed, smiling, the way they're all smiles. Che, they say where. Yes, that's going to Halle. OH "in Halle locomotive does not go, but I have to, all show, all tell you." Poh, a drive to Hikkaduwa and there is a bus too little. "Before Hikkaduwa identity is not."

The obvious helper, apparently wants his interest kakoy- then, why would not go to the train. Therefore, they wait for their turn, but the cashier podtverdil- locomotive really does not go back to either. Come on, I say, is much closer to Galle tickets- she sold, the name of the city I do not remember but it does not matter. We are waiting for departure on the apron again type- you right now, we are going ?, yes. I work with identity edu- thulite not like nothing, no services or goods.

Conversation, smiling, interested, normal type- who was in Goa Lanka or know what they look like positioning. Popizdeli on the train, and quietly drove. There's been a bit on the bus, he nami- here bus drove pier. On the bus reads "Halle". Chezh gone. Edem- dark already, people packed we Europeans alone, but talk - new country, new people, interesting.

Bus rushing, dark type says "almost there" and went to the drive, Thu said to him - the bus stopped, do not fucking seen Toli woods, felts field- really no lights. Some people left, some stayed. We sit, Th for her?
Type- "arrived."
"Where I come from?" - I ask.
"Halle»
"What, fuck, Galle steppe around»
"Crawl out" and right in front of me started, start.
"No, man, will we still have not arrived. You came, you and go »
He begins to twitch straight. My wife does not understand English, I translate it once, it is terrible.

Just do not order begins to "go," and begins to complain to their local and pokes a finger at me. People stops smiling and rather hostile glances at us. Dick that is already beginning to my side flick, restrain, understand provokes action on my part. Then he abruptly ceases to understand English and is gibberish, performing at local types with me what it says, and then says something back to local and even worse, they look at us.

I'm already in Wahoo, my wife almost hysterical. Che do chtoli will kill us. Byad not otmashus from the oravy-. It lasted all I can not say how much time- for me it is very stretched.

Rescued driver. Napizdel at all. He closed the door nakonets and rode dick landed on the street. Before Halle arrived 20 minutes later, I found a guest nahuyarilsya so that already knocked out, his wife at the mention of Lanka is still a bad mood.

And I still do not really understand, what's this, damn, it could end?

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting