Unknown Thailand

In Tae I was already three times before, and managed to make some impression on him. I was in Phuket, Koh Samui and on the mainland - all on favorite trails and why the Russians the impression turned out quite standard - transvestites, go-go bars, greedy taxi drivers and roguish traders. And the prices - though not the European, but quite at the level of the average Russian city. It has long been brewing desire to arrive somewhere away from the crowds of tourists, generally we aim at some smaller island, but then suddenly the wife suggested that Khan (Khanom), province of Nakhon si Thammarat - in fact, that neither is on the mainland. Reasoned that there is quiet, cheap, clean, and no tourists - "everything we wanted! And most importantly - there are pink dolphins are found! ":) Pink dolphins, is, of course, changes everything. And we flew.
Fly, but then, is not going nowhere. My wife has studied all the offers on Hanomu, she chose some condo and contacted the owner of two apartments in the condo, requesting one with sea views. The price was announced at 32,000 baht + water and electricity (normal practice in Tae and - quite a good price for two-bedroom apartments with Sea View). I fully trust my wife in her choice and never regretted about it. Surat Thani flew through the airport - the distance to Khan about the same as that of Nahonsithammarata, and tickets are much cheaper. Surat Thani major cities and flights to fly more. Airport Surat Thani - absolutely nothing special. To see and forget. Pleased with the appearance of the local carrier aircraft Nok Air (And not just the kind of - ticket holders of these airlines in aeroporotu provided free WiFi. Unfortunately, we flew Thai Airlines)
60 photos

Where to live?
Apartments on the beach. Options - just 1. A certain unnamed condo «near the CC Beach bar» That's what had to talk to taxi drivers restaurants - located next to CC Beach Bar (with good food and generally excellent BBQ on weekdays) know the area all. What is the name itself condo - I find the same could not be - a sign next to it faded to a disgrace and, in Sunset Beach her not to read anything, and have a sweet, smiling and warning hostesses know the name I could not, as in English she knew exactly three words. Fortunately, we have attended to advance a taxi from the airport Surat Thani and it cost us 1,500 baht for more than 200 km to the site. The driver spoke passable in English and sort of knew where to go, so we relaxed. Only strained moment of arrival. What we saw from the window of the taxi did not look like the photo from the Internet.

2. Fortunately, we soon noticed the second building - completely finished recently and habitable. I understand the owners have all the apartments, some of them pass, some live for yourself, but all the people a little bit - just come on weekends Thais. From foreigners, I only saw one family of elderly Germans and two more families in Europe - I did not understand who it was, like the Swedes. When the complex will be completed in full, it will look good - the layout is in the lobby.

3. Not without some misunderstandings: Swede - the owner of the apartment - for some reason decided that we ordered a side apartments, not B twist, though expressed in the letters we like quite clear. After a portion of the spent nerves, the situation was resolved and we settled in selected apartments. The Swede said that they now are more expensive, but we poke pictures online with a clearly designated amount and the inscription «sea view», and he agreed to the previous amount. Actually, I thought that he really was not trying to have to dissolve, but just did not expect that someone will come to him through the site rather than through local agencies, where the price of the same apartments are really expensive - he allegedly did not have time Change their website.
Our bedroom.

4. View from the entrance. The dining room + kitchen, turning the living room. Bicycle - a bonus guests, but it's great for enthusiasts - here quite a distance Russian and pedal dozens of kilometers to the right place at 30 degree heat - thank you. So never once rode.

5. Living

6. Again the living room, from another angle.

7. The view from the balcony.

8. Another view from the balcony - close.

9. Kitchen. Alas, brush, did not immediately notice, but you can make an impression. Full stuffing, cabinets and even a pancake maker elektromyasrubka found. But there is no dishwasher :(

10. The view from the side window.

11. The view from the ground floor (aka parking space) in the pool. Aunt poolside - worker - in the morning he takes out of wind-blown debris. People do not have quite that Khan is typical. Guests Europeans (of which there were few) occasionally crawled out just after lunch, it becomes a little livelier on weekends, when the Thais come. And in the rest of the pool was completely at our disposal.

12. View from the beach to the condo. To the right of the condominium - a Aava SPA and Beach Resort (see his chairs, a platform and a piece of the restaurant). 5 *, but the old, have not been repaired and rather musty. While the price tag is all it is quite decent - once went to the restaurant - did not like. Of the benefits - on Fridays with live music, very pleasant to listen to, and it is completely free to both the territory of the condo, and sitting directly in the Resort restaurant.

13. In order to make an impression on local housing, drive along the coast. Housing really not. Pretty much popular among Thais minimalist bungalows - without kondishena and with a minimum of furniture. Closer to Hanomu there are a couple of chain hotels, boring and faceless. Of all the hotels along the coast has attracted only a couple - Khanom Hill Resort, popular among Europeans in general - foreign (non-Thai), where I met the most. Hotel bungalow, but furnished bungalows, 1-2 storey, 1-2 rooms per floor. That's kind of a bungalow from the outside, from the inside to remove the Thais polite with smiles and bows - but banned. The first time we were surprised, but then - in other hotels - it turned out that way everywhere.

14. Park Hotel. Cute. Ordinary hotel near here except trees and wildly tasteless plaster figures, nothing.

15. And a beach - a very nice, large and clean. The restaurant is also very good - I went to him again 5.

16. Second vending Hotel - Maroc Hotel. The new, all in Moroccan style, inside the eye, too, all nice, sorry not allowed to shoot. Minus - the second line.

17. Once he is.

18. Stumbled also very our eyes namozolil Mother Home Backpackers Hostel - on the Internet when searching for housing in the Khan, he comes across very often, and all the positive reviews - say, though a hostel, but very comfortable, cozy and homey. Well I do not know. Outside - not impressed at all. It was closed, call written on the door of the phone and call the owner did not.

Things to do
In the first place - to get to the Khan and rent a bike. It is safe to break on any platform with a cluster of bikes - even if it does not hire office, but just a workshop, the right person will rapidly and at a price that did not affect - 100 baht per day for «new automatic» - meaning the new and with the CVT. With manual switching are cheaper, but I have not even figured out how.
Even just riding around the neighborhood here is very interesting that I did not notice any in Phuket (slums and poverty - what's there to see) or on Samui (cottage in the cottage - from the suburbs only palm is different).
Just rice fields.

20. The school, which is obvious. Most students come to her on bikes - two, three or even 4 people on one. Horror :)

21. Just a typical coastal street stall, which sells everything - from gasoline to beer. These stalls are often rescued the fact that in Tae sale of alcoholic beverages is strange is limited in time and in a supermarket, not to coincide to the correct hour, beer often had spread at the box office. The stalls of these limitations are looking full pofigizmom :)

22. Plantation Hevea rubber plants,. Hit the road, I could not resist - sfotkal.

23. The raw rubber in the cup. White, sticky, like a sealant.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting