ABBA! 1974-2014

I would like to put 10 videos as downloads. Then break me completely. Just, please, on the topic! The text will be the bare minimum, for whom it is necessary, one can always read himself.

Yesterday was a month will present the event. April 6, 1974 song ABBA Waterloo won the Eurovision Song Contest in the English city of Brighton. Waterloo marked the beginning of an unprecedented sequence of eighteen consecutive hits in the British top ten. (Video haphazardly put for my taste)

(FLASH MOVIE) Eight of them reached the summit: Mamma Mia (1976), Fernando (1976), Dancing Queen (1976), Knowing Me, Knowing You (1977), The Name Of The Game (1977), Take A Chance On Me (1978), The Winner Takes It All (1980), Super Trouper (1980).

(FLASH MOVIE)
They occupied the top lines of the charts with eight album, starting with the team record Greatest Hits, which was published in Sweden in late 1975.

(FLASH MOVIE)
Achievements Four overseas were much more modest: only Dancing Queen in April 1977 a week to keep on top of the list. But you are about to hear another song.

(FLASH MOVIE)
Three albums in the United States have become "gold" and only ABBA - The Album (1977) became a "platinum". I really like.

(FLASH MOVIE)
June 18th, 1976 ABBA appeared before the King of Sweden on the eve of the royal wedding, presenting to the public the brand new song Dancing Queen. (I warned that the songs I have sorted my taste?)

(FLASH MOVIE)
In February 1977, they went on their first British tour (in two concerts at the Royal Albert Hall (11 thousand people) received 3, 5 million applications). The final part of the month of March was held in Australia, where it was filmed much of the material for the film "ABBA".

(FLASH MOVIE)
December 15 in the same place, and the world premiere of the film. At home Quartet premiere of the film took place on Christmas night 1977. If someone did not understand: I've got its own disco.

(FLASH MOVIE)
9 January 1979 the quartet took part in the charity UNICEF in New York and gave the organization all proceeds from the single Chiquitita. September 13, 1979 concert in Edmonton (Canada) ABBA opened its first North American tour. The tour ended in mid-November in Europe.

(FLASH MOVIE)
Since winter 1981/1982 activity group significantly slowed down. In December 1982 came the last recorded together single ABBA Under Attack, although their last hit was Thank You For The Music.

New growth in popularity of ABBA, like all music era disco boom began in 1992. The company Polydor reissued all the hits of the group on two CDs. Erasure issued a mini-album with contemporary cover versions of songs of a group called ABBA-esque, and the Australian artist Bjorn again achieved rapid success with precisely reproduced and well recognizable image and sound of the band ABBA.

Actually, I have everything. Enjoy all evening!

PS: Oh yes! - The promised final: ABBA in the USSR according to Buslova. In this I agree with him on all of 100%.

(FLASH MOVIE)
In general, I am sorry that they broke ... broke? ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting