1984 farewell glance at the epoch (27 photos)

The notion of "1984" has acquired special significance due to the novel by George Orwell's dystopia,. You can also recall an article Almerik "Does the USSR Survive Until 1984?", Written back in 1970. The Soviet Union existed, but 1984 really was the last year era, which already in 1987, dubbed the "stagnation».
These photos taken by foreign correspondents in the vast Soviet Union during the 1984 capture the spirit of the time.

Parade November 7, 1984 in Yerevan:

All politburo led by Konstantin Ustinovich:

Food Programme?

I can not remember what was the essence of the school reform:

In each union republic - its "Red Square". All the same Yerevan on November 7, 1984:

Almost Mausoleum:

This generation will live already in a different era:

Armenian hero of the Soviet people:

Outside the front area of ​​Armenia lived his own life, true to the traditions of their ancestors. Sacrificial lambs:

And here is the capital of the Union:

Frame in the opposite direction:

And the third frame at about the same point, the Tretyakov passage:

"Panorama" street on October 25 (St. Nicholas) completes the picture of GUM 1984 .:

ENEA, the pavilion "Space»:

In 2006, I led a group of friends there aliens. Based on his childhood memories, he promised them that they will see the legendary spacecraft, in which it will be possible to get even. When they came - a complete shock: among the ragged walls of the empty pavilion traded seeds. I asked an elderly caretaker: "And where are all the exhibits?". He just shrugged his shoulders: "What were separated, and that - in the trash».

The Moscow Metro 1984 It seems these cars did not go into mass production:

Rehearsal November 7:

Garden Ring:

Drinks 1984:

Fast forward from Moscow in Soviet Central Asia 1984 ...
Here people do more tied to tradition.
Five-o-lock in Samarkand:

Tashkent, 1984:

Market in Uzbekistan:

Bread Samarkand:

Some shop in Tashkent:

Old car in Bukhara, 1984:

But change has already begun. In 1984, the troops of the Moscow police began "Hopkovoe business»:

Tags

See also

New and interesting