Lupita Nyong'o received the award of public organization NAACP

Each year, public organization NAACP awards particularly distinguished black Americans. At this year's ceremony NAACP Image Awards visited Vin Diesel, Stevie Wonder, Oprah Winfrey, Kerry Washington, Idris Elba, and many other dark-skinned stars. And one of the awards went to Lupita Nyong'o for his role in the movie "12 Years a Slave".

After the ceremony, in an interview with Interview magazine Lupita told me that she was afraid to admit to himself that he wanted to become an actress:

When I was younger, I was almost afraid to admit that I wanted to be an actress - admitted Lupita. - I do not know any successful actor in Kenya, so I thought I'd better go to the directing department than to say "I want to be an actress." So I did.

Lupita Nyong'o at the ceremony, NAACP Image Awards

Despite the fact that her father was a politician in Kenya, Lyupite was pretty hard to get in life. She is the second child in a row of six children in the family, and the parents, according to tradition, tried to invest in training brothers Lupita. However, she was able to do at the Yale School of Dramatic Art in the directing department, he made a documentary about the Kenyan albino, and then wondered what to do next.

I knew that if you do not try to play, then I will feel sorry, so I decided to try to go to acting school. I thought that if I can do it will be a sign that I should try to make a career as an actress. And if does not work, I was ready to come up with a "Plan B". Fortunately, I came.

Lupita receives award NAACP Image Awards

Tags

See also

New and interesting