Rules of Life Jean-Claude Van Damme

Jean-Claude Van Damme

The actor, 53, Bangkok, Brussels, Hong Kong
I do not care about what people write.

When I turned forty, I realized that most of my fans celebrated about the same.

Once upon a time I was just appointed the star.

It is believed that people like Sly (Stallone. - Esquire), Arnold and I can not make mistakes. But we are wrong, and Hollywood forgives us all.

Even 10-15 years ago, all we had to pump the muscles to keep yourself in shape and hard to look good scripts. But today, you do not have to be Mr biceps to become the hero of an action movie. You do not even need a good script. You just need a director who knows how to work with green screen and all these fucking cheating.

I think that the first true superhero screen was Charlie Chaplin.

How am I sick of it: the three flip-flop in the air, then break through someone's head and then landed on the table and say, "Hi, I'm Jean-Claude Van Damme».

I'll tell you what a cheap movie. You used to do three, four, five doubles, but then you say, you have only two left. Two double and - for better or worse - go further. The scenery on the background of which you stand, represent America, and you're trying to say, as an American, you're, like, in Miami, and all that. But at the wrong time it passes by you, "frets" - well, this Russian car of eastern block.

It happens to everyone. At some point, you suddenly realize that it's not you follow the script, and the script follows you. And you start to just live inside the film. De Niro seems to me that a script does not looks.

When I first came to America, I was engaged in any nonsense - driven limousine, he worked in a massage parlor, a pizza delivered and cleaned carpets. And I was a bouncer. Once my limousine rented two aunts. They were under forty, and they tell me: "The driver you have something to chew on?" - "Yes, - I say - chewing gum." - "No, - they say - we have something like that to mouth, you know." In general, they wanted me to take off. Husbands sent them to the Beverly Hills plastic surgeons, and they wanted me. But nothing happened. They were very scary.

Before you go to America for the first time, I took my dog ​​- Tara, black chow - and went for a vacation to France. There, in the park, I saw a man. He walked toward me with a large well-groomed dog, and he looked very respectable. I already knew that I could not take my Tara with him to America, and suggested the man take her myself. A year later, I returned to France. Wearing a hat and sunglasses to Tara did not recognize me and went for a walk in the park. On the same day - and maybe the next - I saw her. Lowering her head, all in tangles, she walked on a leash. And I said to myself: "What you're an asshole, Jean-Claude. You give someone your dog just because raced for a pipe dream in America, where you are treated like shit and where you worked for two bucks an hour. " I wanted to go to Tara, but did not do so because he did not want to hurt her. Something similar happens when you meet the woman he once loved. Now she's just a friend to you, but she does not understand it, and it begins to seem that it really is love again. I turned around and left, and when a half years back in France, Tara was already dead. And my popugaiha I gave one woman also died. She loved me, I have always tried to sit on the arm and fell asleep on my shoulder, and I gave it to a woman who did not even call me to say that the bird died. When I think about it now, I realize that this is why God put the blame on me so many tests. After all, he loves animals.

When I see a stray dog, I realize that I should take it from the street. In Thailand, I picked seven dogs. Some of them were paralyzed. One instead of four paws had three. Another terrible limp and I had ordered for him a special device with wheels. But dogs are not so easy to carry from one country to another, so I hired a private plane. Now at home I live nine dogs and real orgasm - not in the sexual sense, of course - I feel when I walk with this pack for the beach. They are very broad in Belgium. Seen, probably?

There is nothing unusual about me. Are you from a man who was born in a simple country among ordinary people. In me no profundity, nor mind, nor stupidity - just a dude who has a dog and a house that likes to train and who is happy to be alive.

I still ask myself what I have done in my life? But I have no answer.

Neither the mother nor the father has never called me Brussels muscle (nicknamed Van Damme. - Esquire). Mother called me Siska. It is the Belgian word that referred to something that I want to cuddle. My father called me, Jean-Claude, and in such moments I hated it.

I have no enemies. Life is too short for that.

I am not interested in politics. I left school at 13, and are unlikely to know much - except that nothing in the world was recently better. So instead talk about the presidential election, let's talk about the planet and that it will be in 20 years. Obama's victory? I do not care.

I prefer to have something from which no eyes. Eyes - is the soul, and what is the soul, is unlikely to be beneficial to the body.

I do not Fidel Castro. Eight-speech - it's not about me. But six minutes I can do.

The truth is always the truth, even if no one is willing to listen to her.

Better to be in Brussels muscle than being an idiot Brussels.

My body looks thirty, and his face - fifty. But do not go to me now through the streets naked to look younger.

If God gave you a perfect body, it becomes your physical temple, and your duty - to maintain order in the church.

Life is ... You just open the shutters and see the street dogs. You look left, look right and close the shutters. How much time passed? The second? Fifteen? That is life.

The high point of my career will be the day before my death.

Drugs appear in your life at the moment, when you have everything. When you travel around the world, both in her bedroom. Have you stayed in all the hotels, and now you're a diva all penthouses. You have been everywhere, and here you wanted something more. And that is why - and also because a bunch of women around you - you try something new, and this new start to eat you. Once - and now Van Damme, the beast, the tiger in a cage, and the dude from "Blood Sport", was hooked. I became a garbage - physically and spiritually. But I found the strength to walk away from this. Away? I do not know. I would like to believe.

I never understood the meaning of the word "surrender».

The wisest thing I read said Jigoro Kano (the founder of judo. - Esquire). If you fall seven times, he said, Arise eight.

Starring in the thirty-seventh film, I said to myself: I'll never be in the movies that I myself do not like it.

Karate - is fucking boring. First you simply comprehend the technique, and then, armed with it, you go further, giving it your body and mind.

The problem with most bodybuilders is that they go to the rocking chair just to build muscle. But all that is derived from such training - this is a huge machine with a tiny motor.

Answers sometimes come into your head before the question.

Who are many fights, knows what the ring. Who eats a lot, knows what a meal. I've been married five times, so I know what a woman.

Stupid question: what I eat during training. People I eat, of course.

I never feel tired after when I finish some business. But I always feel tired when it is not finished yet.

In twenty-four all full of life - except for those who died at twenty-three.

All should be the structure and sequence. When the apocalypse happens, idiot would shout: "Uebyvayte out of town!" A reasonable person would say, "will pass the school, take a right, then straight to the church, followed by the left, and there you will see out of the city».

I long so do not worry, as the day when he could not come to the show Conan O'Brien (American TV host. - Esquire). That morning, I found the body sprawled on the floor of one of my dogs - Scarface. We took him to the hospital and found that it's a heart attack. Until that day, I did not even know that dogs are heart attacks. He was dying, and the doctors just talking about it. But every day we children came to the clinic, and Scarface scrambled. So I pissed away the show for a good cause.

The most important thing in life - is to learn to accept things that can not change.

I'm really gay icon, and have nothing to do with it. But gay men have taste, and if they like me, definitely not because of my ass. They love me, because I - I.

I was not easy to find: straight shoulders, dark hair and a simple suit - the easiest.

It is foolish to kill people. They are so beautiful.

Tags

See also

New and interesting