Underground Museum Tytyri (22 photos)

In principle, the underground museum to surprise someone who has the ability to enter and remove various non-tourist caves, impossible. Especially after the brutal Finnish Metrostroi: like almost the same thing, only clean, dry, light, posters, some with non-Russian text and pictures hang, and even let anybody here for a nominal fee. Well, in any case we were nearby, why not look, and not take pictures in good light underground?

The museum is located in the small town of Lohja, 50 kilometers from Helsinki, adjacent to the existing mine, at a depth of about 100 meters. Previously, there is also mined limestone. We sit in the van and drive the winding dark tunnel at the end of which the gate with door. It said earlier it was possible to come down here in the cage or on a trolley, but Digg this amusement-we did not show. By the way, the museum is open for groups only in summer, at other times by appointment only. There are also timed to holidays activities. In addition to the museum there is also an underground restaurant. Somehow it all reminds "Bunker GO-42" at the Taganka in Moscow, is not about the cold war and the cave with a certain color. The total length of these openings 60 km, maximum depth - 400 meters. Most of them are valid, and there still are mined limestone. And one of the mines, depth of 300 meters, the company Kone, which is engaged in the production of elevators is used as a test bed for testing their products.

The first mine came here in 1542 - is the oldest mine in Finland. They were built for the extraction of iron ore to local tycoon Eric Fleming.

Iron ore these places were not particularly rich, but its quality is poor, though production continued until 1862.

But, apart from the ore is discovered rich deposits of limestone, its development and engaged in 1897.

The story of the mine in diagrams and pictures. All in Finnish, so I had to watch only pictures. Guided tours for groups carried out in several languages ​​(including Russian), but we were always out like excursions.

Today it is mined to mililona tons of limestone per year, is engaged in this Corporation Nordkalk.

In one of the openings has a small hall where the music of Sibelius gradually changing lights and sometimes there is a feeling of a very large space.

Kopёr mine Tytyri.

The total length of the museum moves only about a kilometer (60 km from the mine throughout).

The restaurant is in the style of «Fallout» at a depth of 100 meters

We were told that all of these machines are still in operation, although some already for half a century, and they worked in harsh mining conditions.

The restaurant unfortunately has not worked. Not a season. But korporativki and any dinner party organized here at any time for pre-order.

It's a steampunk some!

This dinosaur, we offered to buy at a symbolic price of € 1 per kilogram with by self (he, too, like on the move).

"Dinosaur" on the other side. Reminiscent of my favorite tractor from the old "good" game Carmageddon.

Some device.

Star Wars here, too.

Tools.

Source: docent.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting