Tour of Salekhard. Day Two (36 photos)

The famous traveler continues to acquaint us with the harsh life of Salekhard.
See also: Day One.

Finished sightseeing and the official program of the first day, we went to visit a real reindeer herders. Harsh conditions and life of nomads - not for wimps. Read more about it in today's post ...

After dinner, we went to the hotel, which was located in Labytnangi. From Salekhard drove for about 20 minutes and it seemed to me that this is just the area, but locals believe it to other city:

Labytnangi is on the other bank of the Ob, no bridges and roads to it are not present. In summer, people smuggled on the ferry, and in winter on the ice. Winter roads are constantly watered and is frozen to the ice was thicker and smoother:

The sculpture of a mammoth on the road:

Even noticed a strange iron Pinocchio - one, however, did not understand what it symbolizes:

In Salekhard, we waited for breakfast for 432 guests:

Then we were put in TREKOL - big cars, all-terrain vehicles on six wheels:

Inside Kung passenger for 8 people:

It looks like the driver's seat:

We have brought this to the herders, who stood close to the city:

Near the plagues were the only deer, bulls that are used for transportation of scrub. The rest of the deer grazing in the other place, we went to them later:

It - Gabriel, the most important person in the family. When we arrived, he had twenty minutes talking to someone on the phone, just with his phone in the hood:

Interestingly arranged his gloves - they are, at first, clinging to clothes (like kids in kindergarten), and secondly, have slits for fingers. In general, almost all outerwear reindeer herders sewn strands of deerskin. Men called jumper. When it gets really cold, or you need a long time to leave the camp, her worn clothes fur outside. As used shoes Kitties and tobory who also put on top at extremely low temperatures. A man dressed in such clothes can also, like deer, burrowing into the snow to wait, for example, a strong snowstorm:

With us came a few journalists, who immediately began to shoot deer:

To frame the boys caught a few deer sled, harnessed to the wagon:

These deer are somewhat reminded me of zebras, which I photographed in South Africa:

One tent was already assembled, installation of the second was still in the process:

Close to chum ran puppies. Dogs in human habitation is not allowed, poor animals living on the streets and sleeping in the snow:

Finally, harnessed all the reindeer:

The wind was so strong that my eyes were watering constantly. Inspired by photographing, I forgot to brush away a tear and she instantly turned into a piece of ice:

In the meantime, we went inside the tent, to see the structure of the real dwelling herders. In the center is the furnace which serves as the heat source and adapted for cooking. The heat from the furnace rises up and does not penetrate into the sediments of the plague: they evaporate from high temperature. In the summer, to carry the furnace hard, so instead it uses a small fire, the smoke that repels mosquitoes.

Along the perimeter are scattered reindeer skins and blankets. Sleeping head against the wall on the floor, especially the differences between the "bed" and "floor" I said:

Now check point heated and the heat in the tent, but in the morning the temperature can drop to - 10 degrees. Pavel Kosenko lived in the Nenets Autonomous District with herders and experienced all the charm of a nomadic life for yourself:

We were invited to the table - fish, tea, sweets, butter and bagels. It seemed to me that the fish here superfluous:

Meanwhile, Gabriel made a harness and fully demonstrated the race. The funny thing is - the deer that are born, his tongue:

Deer, but now almost everyone has a nomadic storm:

Buran this broke, and the boys began to fix it:

Pasha joked that the herders are the same traditions that many Russian - one running, seven are worth watching:

Gavrila photographed with his wife in the background of the plague:

A few hours later, we met again with this woman, when by chance "given to drink" of her husband. This - in the next post!

Source: sergeydolya.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting