Dangerous entertainment: simple to repeat the high voltage generator





Dangerous entertainment: simple to repeat the high voltage generator



Good afternoon, habrovchane.
This post will be a bit unusual.
In it, I'll show you how to make a simple and powerful enough high voltage generator (280,000 volts). I took as a basis for the scheme генератора Marx . Feature my circuit that I counted under her available and inexpensive parts. By the same scheme itself easy to repeat (I have to build it took 15 minutes), requires no configuration and run the first time. In my opinion a lot easier than the Tesla transformer or voltage multiplier Cockcroft-Walton.

How it works
Immediately after the start charging capacitor. In my case, up to 35 kilovolts. As soon as the voltage reaches the breakdown threshold of one of the fuses, capacitors connected in series through the gap, resulting in a doubling of voltage across the capacitor is connected to this surge. Because of this, almost instantly triggered spark gaps and the voltage remaining on the capacitors formed. I used the 12 steps, that is, the voltage should be multiplied by 12 (12 x 35 = 420). 420 kilovolts is almost half-meter level. But in practice, taking into account all losses, get bits length of 28 cm. The losses were a consequence of corona discharges.

Dangerous entertainment: simple to repeat the high voltage generator


The details:
The scheme itself is simple, consisting of capacitors, resistors and fuses. More need power supply. Since all parts high, the question arises, where do they get it? Now, first things first:

1 - Resistors
Need resistors 100 ohm, 5 watt, 50,000 volts.
I have tried many factory resistors, but not one could not stand the strain - arc punched over the body, and nothing worked. Careful zaguglivanie gave an unexpected answer: the master who collected Marx generator voltage more than 100,000 volts, used complex fluid resistors Marx generator on liquid resistors or use a lot of steps. I wanted something simpler and resistors made of wood.

Broke off the street two smooth branches of raw tree (dry no current holds) and included the first branch in place of the resistor with the right of the capacitor, a second branch in place of the resistor to the left of the capacitors. Get two branches with a plurality of terminals at regular intervals. Conclusions I have done by winding a bare wire over the branches. Experience shows that such resistors withstand voltage of tens of megavolt (10 million volts)

2 - capacitors
Everything is easier. I took the capacitors that were the cheapest on the radio market - K15-4, 470 pF, 30 kV, (they grinshity). They were used in the tube televisions, so now you can buy them for dismantling or to request free of charge. Voltage of 35 kV, they kept well, no one struck.

3 - power supply
Collect a separate circuit for the power of my Marx generator I simply not raised a hand. Because the other day I gave a neighbor old TV "Electron SC-451." At the anode tube in the color TVs use a DC voltage of about 27,000 volts. I disconnected the high-voltage wire (sucker), with the tube anode and decided to see what the arc voltage gain from this.