The extraordinary story of ...

Lesson from Sir Galton

Once Sir Francis Galton (1822-1911), an outstanding scientist, psychologist, (a cousin of Charles Darwin), decided on a kind of experiment.

Before heading out for a daily walk through the streets of London, he persuaded himself: "I - a disgusting man who in England hate everything!" After a few minutes he concentrated on this belief, which was tantamount to self-hypnosis, he went, as usual, on the walk.
However, it just seemed that everything was going as usual.

In fact, the following happened. At every step, Francis caught on itself contemptuous disgust views of passersby. Many have turned away from him, and several times in his address sounded coarse language. The port is one of the porters, when Galton passed him, so his elbow slammed the scientist that he plopped down in the mud. It seemed that the hostility was passed even animals. As he passed harnessed horse, he kicked scientist in the thigh so that he again fell to the ground. Galton was trying to elicit sympathy from eyewitnesses, but to my surprise, I heard that people started to protect the animal.
Galton hurried home, without waiting for his thought experiment will lead to more serious consequences.

This true story is described in many textbooks of psychology. From it you can make 2 important conclusions:
1) The man is what he thinks about himself.
2) there is no need to inform others about their self-esteem and mental state. And so they feel

Practically, this means the following. If you have something do not like your attitude and behavior in relation to other people you have to try to change that. But any change in behavior must be preceded by a change of mind. Good mood and self-esteem contribute to the success in business and harmony in human relations.

Tags

See also

New and interesting