Salvation is a half later, the drift

on one of the atolls of the Marshall Islands was found a man who was drifting in the Pacific Ocean about 14 months. Boat depleted stranger stranded on a coral reef. Here it and noticed local zhiteli.

Lucky's name is Jose Ivan, he was a hunter on sharks. In the beginning it was a companion with whom Jose in September 2012 went by boat from Mexico to El Salvador. The engine of their boat broke down December 21, 2012 goda.

All their efforts to attract the attention of other ships were in vain, they drifted in the open ocean. In the eyes of his assistant Jose died, which was about 15-18 years old. Jose week after week, month after month, fighting for his life by eating raw fish and meat gulls, drinking turtle blood, when there was no rain and it was impossible to get water. Jose Ivan on his boat covered the distance in 12, 5 thousand km.

Says a local resident of the Marshall Islands, in her experience, most people are killed in such situations, as they are unable to eat raw food, they are constantly vomiting. Maybe that's why he died assistant Hose.

When he came to the dock, he said: "I survived because I was praying. All this time, I prayed constantly. " He thinks that only faith helped him to survive, but it's also a huge thirst for life, where he could catch turtles and drink their blood, when there was no rain water, gulls eat meat and raw rybu.

"I thank God that I survived," - he said after his travels about 8,000 miles a dangerous ocean, struggling with bad weather, all alone in his thoughts about his family and Rodine.

The question - what he was thinking while at sea, Jose said, "I did not think about anything in my head spun only one thought - the sea, the sea all around." Jose does not remember his number telefona.

Source: mirfactov.com/

Tags

See also

New and interesting