Teenage girl 14-15 years old who have sacrificed some 500 years ago, all of the last century lay on the ice at the top shestitysyachnikov, which contributed to the excellent preservation. Next to her frozen bodies of two young victims: seven year old boy and a six-year girl.
1. Instead of the traditional analysis of DNA, scientists have studied proteins in tissues and found that apparently healthy baby girl was a bacterial lung infection resembling tuberculosis. First infection was detected in mummies.
2. A group of researchers from New York University (City University of New York), led by Angelica Kortels (Angelique Corthals) examined samples of the mummy (the so-called Maiden, «Maid»),
3. Unique mummy was discovered in 1999 on the slopes of the volcano Llullaillaco (Llullaillaco), which rises to 6739 meters above sea level on the border between Argentina and Chile.
4. Three mummies found that, unlike the Egyptian embalmed "colleagues" were subjected to a deep freeze. The body of seven year old boy also was subjected to study, but to explore the remains of a six-year girl scientists have not yet solved. Probably, it was once hit by lightning, which may affect the accuracy of the results of research.
5. Most likely, three children sacrificed, as evidenced by being near them artifacts of gold, silver, clothing, bowls with food and extravagant headdress of white feathers of unknown birds.
6. Historians suggest that children were selected by the Incas for their beauty (in addition, children were considered more pure beings than adults) and sacrificed. Inca is not often brought children to sacrifice.
7. B previous studies have found: before sacrifice them, over the years the children were fed "elite" products - maize and dried llama meat, though before that they ate only a peasant food, consisting of potatoes and vegetables.