Monument Valley in the US (38 photos)

Known blogger visited the US and spoke about their experiences.
Let's see what he says.

Between Utah and Arizona is Navajo territory. It is the largest in the United States reservation - the country in the country with its own laws, orders, and government taxes. Founded in 1986 under a contract with the US authorities. Now territory is inhabited by about 170 thousand people. The main source of income of Indians is a service of tourists coming to Monument Valley ...

At the entrance to Monument Valley is once active volcano Agatla Peak. Lava froze, and soft-sided volcano showered. Such education is called diatreme:

The Indians live in small makeshift houses, randomly scattered throughout the reservation:

Monument Valley we arrived in the afternoon: our room was not ready yet, so we decided to drive through the park. This can be done by yourself on a certain route, but you can take Indians and for a fee to ride on those points where their own bully prohibited.

Each stone Indians see the silhouette of something familiar to us and happy to show it to tourists. For example, the top of the rock resembles the head of the American Indian:

It is worth noting that this tour is not cheap - for four I gave $ 220. Injun admitted that the tourist industry - a major income of the local population:

Rock paintings of the 13th century - one of the earliest Indian paintings that have survived to the present day:

The Indians know the location of all the arches and interesting natural formations:

This, for example, it is not visible from the road, and if you do not know it exists, you'll never find yourself:

There are small mounds, similar to the ones we saw at White Pocket:

Cave paintings from lying flutists - according to the conductor, the only one of its kind:

There was once an Indian city, from which only a few fragments of buildings:

Another arch, which is called "Ear wind»:

On the part of these arches quite noticeable:

It is necessary to come closer and have a look from the bottom up:

One of the most famous buttes "totem pole", also known as "Finger Indian»:

The Valley dotted with huge boulders:

Meanwhile, the final sunset:

As in the Valley filmed a lot of movies (after which she, in fact, gained worldwide fame), key locations are named after actors or directors. In particular, this species is named in honor of director John Ford, who was shot in Monument Valley a few iconic westerns. One of the most famous shots - Indian sitting on a horse on a background of the Valley.

At this place really has always been an Indian, who for two dollars posed to tourists, but before our arrival he died of old age. I took on the famous seven point:

We stayed at the hotel «The View», whose windows overlook the Monument Valley:

With the sunset is not very lucky, however, in these gradations of blue and pink, too, have their own charm:

At night, I tried to remove a starry night in the Valley. The street was about 20 degrees and I quickly ran to the balcony, to make a frame, and then just as quickly ran back:

Exposure in this frame about an hour. Straight line - it traces of planes. If you look closely, you can see how many of them flew in an hour:

And this is the dawn. One shot I did with balcony:

After that we got in the car and drove to the Valley:

Classic shot of the valley: the sun had risen and illuminates the mountains, but the land is still in the shade.

Indian horse graze on their own at night and in the morning - just yourself - go back to the stables:

Indian Village. Get a good frame with rays of dawn:

These peaks are called "Three Sisters", is also very famous place:

Then we went to Moab. On the road crossed the river, and I decided to make a frame to show how it was cold:

Source: sergeydolya.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting