What determines the "independent" cinema. Jim Jarmusch

I envy creative people working abroad - unlimited opportunities, a broader concept of censorship and independence. I was recently asked the question: what is the "underground cinema" ... if you associate the concept of "underground" with freedom of thought, with genuine naturalness and independence, the underground cinema - a Jim Jarmusch. I warn you once - this post subjective, how it should be with the blogger, as based on my personal tastes and opinions, and otherwise, when it comes to the king of independent cinema, true RocknRolla Jim Jarmusch.

Independent cinema - it is only the material and the product itself - meaning - born in our minds. It is in this Jarmusch revealed genius - make people think ...

I will not list all removed Jarmusch films, only those that impressed me the most:

became the point of departure for the director, b / w-shny film "Stranger Than Paradise" (1984) displayed the realities of immigrants in America, in this case, the Hungarians

In 2002 the Library of Congress made "Stranger Than Paradise" in the National Film Registry, having a cultural, historical or artistic value, and film encyclopedia Allmovie carries the film one of the most influential films end of the XX century

painting "Outlaw" I was originally interested in the participation of Roberto Benigni and inimitable Tom Waits in the lead roles, and I do not regret

an ideal illustration of almost all paintings Jarmusch: met, talked and parted, never to see

I admit, the first film Jarmusch I looked was "dead", and then only because of what he saw in the list of cast member named Johnny Depp ...

It turned out to be the most expensive and the most controversial of all the shot Jarmusch films (and in fact, Depp was still far from being the highest paid actor :)). At the same time, US companies have not invested a penny in the film, considering it un-American ... I would call it "antivesternovskim»

besides Depp in the film turned out to be adored by me (and Jarmusch), Iggy Pop, and the composer was none other than Neil Young

probably the most abstract work Jarmusch - "Coffee and Cigarettes" (a collection of 11 mini-episodes filmed for 17 years, where are your favorite actors, entertainers and musicians Jim, drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes are amusing conversation with each other)

the idea of ​​this movie, I see a line of human behavior ... the philosophy of Jarmusch

Well, and of course - a couple of Iggy Pop and Tom Waits! Who would they still around the same table, no matter how Jim!

it makes no sense to describe this film compilation, it should look and feel :)

film "Broken Flowers" (2005) was created by the director specifically for favorite actor - Bill Murray, which he has once again confirmed its principle to build their skills around the entire beloved - actors, musicians, people, habits, phrases, colors, books and so on. d.

By the way, Jim does not get tired to please my regular small syurpriziki, in this case, the appearance in the film prizabytoy Sharon Stone and "red" brunette Swinton

someone has designated an art Jim Jarmusch's a phrase: the absurdity that provokes philosophical associations
what else to add, Jarmusch or love or not ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting