Body Evolution

On the few athletes who just turned 27 years old, they say "great", but the multiple Olympic champion Michael Phelps deserves it. He's the best swimmer of the day, but fortunately or unfortunately, is not always just the athletes live their sport. Michael, whose nickname "Baltimore Bullet", has decided to retire after the Olympics in London, because he simply got tired of the monotony of life swimmer.

"Now I think I'm going back to his best form. I swim like done it before, in 2008. But the decision about retirement is final. In recent years, I have visited many cities during the competition, but only saw the hotel and the pool. Now I want to do what I like »
In honor of this event Michael foreign media paid more attention than the rest of the Olympic team, so to keep up we will also up to date, and those who do not know him at all - Phelps know better. How did the only figure in the history of the sport 14-times Olympic champion? The water wears away the stone, so look ...

November 23, 2002

Two years before the Olympic debut in Athens, Michael Phelps, most athletes simply underestimated the competition, because then the swimmer was only 17 years old and he was just beginning his great career. At the FINA World Championships in New York, where he made this photo, Michael remained without winning, but they were waiting for him to come, so lean Phelps did not despair for the future victories everything in his power.

August 14th, 2004

Athens Olympics brought a young athlete 8 medals, 6 of which were gold and two bronze, while Michael found three Olympic and one world record. For 19 years, this result was not just good, but amazing. Phelps was happy like a child.

August 19, 2004

"I can not stand talking in the competition. I'm not going to go out and say something competitor to ignite it. I've never done this, and I never will. It's just not for me. I'm just doing their job, as if no one had prepared, I'm always going to win »

July 23, 2005

Michael admitted that in his swimming gear, feels like a superhero like Batman. By the way, the interesting facts about this guy said he had a disproportionately short legs and a disproportionately long torso (in principle on a picture it's obvious).

31 March 2007

Michael at the FINA World Championships in Australia:

August 10, 2008

Beijing. Michael won every race, which started and thus won 8 gold medals.

August 11, 2008

Before the games in London in an interview, Michael said he was not going to win awards as much as in China, but he wants to get the maximum.

August 15, 2008

Just a man-amphibian, rewriting the history of sport in its own way ...

January 6, 2009

After the scandal with smoking marijuana career Michael stopped for three months, during which time he was a little passed and it seemed that this is the end ... But Phelps recovered and was no disqualification.

October 10, 2010

Michael observes a special diet: consume about 10,000 calories per day.

November 30, 2011

Michael shows a bathing suit made of new technology in New York.

June 30, 2012

"I want to look back and say I did everything I could»

Tags

See also

New and interesting