Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones

The two were born in one day - 25 September. However, a difference of 25 years. Perhaps this was already a kind of symbolic, indicating a general predestination of fate. Michael was already a superstar and Hollywood inveterate sertseed, while Catherine had just plucked the first modest fruits of fame. Who knows whether that mini-series about the Titanic, where her brilliance, finally touched the public, whether they have met once in 1998 at a film festival reception. While there may be in this case, fate prepared for them would be a recipe for happiness, which, however, they cooked still sami.My met with Catherine in France in 1998 on a dinner during the film festival in Deauville. We knew only 10 minutes, as I said Kathryn was going to be the father of her children. She was in no hurry to reciprocate. I sought her as much as 9 months!

But after nine months of the siege of the most pleasant in the world (Douglas courted by an old-fashioned beautiful and awe) young actress weakened defenses. The white flag was hung out on a yacht in Majorca Douglas, is caught and was ubiquitous paparazzi, although Michael has not lived for three years with his wife, Catherine, and officially named as his bride, so the scandal did not. People were afraid of love, because it is, oddly enough, his roditeley.Nikogda not forget, as he said to my father shortly before our wedding! We hide our relationship, but at some point, the paparazzi caught us. On the yacht, in the arms ... and I was, so to speak, from the top ... and topless ... In general, it was time to familiarize parents with Michael, and they somehow worried that publicity photo topless. And as soon as they shook hands, the father of Michael asked seriously: "What are you doing there with my daughter on a yacht?" And he so earnestly replied: "You know, David, I'm glad that Catherine was on top. Gravity is working on it. Unlike me! "Father laughed, and they became friends.

The very same Catherine was not so determined when meeting with the famous father of her lover, she said, she was very worried, but Kirk was more than courteous and friendly, praised his son's a wonderful choice, saying that Oh, Mike, I'll be years 30 younger - it would take you

Yet some scandal in the family of Douglas still happened: Diandra - Michael's wife - refused to give him an official divorce, demanding 60 million dollars compensation. But the desire to marry Catherine was too great and Douglas did not long pull, and quickly paid the sum demanded, received the coveted freedom and the opportunity to officially present his beautiful bride original diamond ring in 10 carat, which is surrounded by 28 diamonds.

Of course, Catherine said, "yes," but other than that, and was forced to sign the marriage contract, according to which in case of divorce, Michael had to pay her for 3, $ 2 million for each year lived together. Looks very mercantile, though, how else to deal with even the beloved, but with luggage Lovelace behind. However, this time the hero-lover was set up really seriously and decisively.

That night, when I confessed to Kathryn in love, she told me: "I know that you - a free man, and you're free to do anything. But if we meet, I want to start with a clean slate. You have to be just me. " And I'll tell you that over the past few years, I realized that if you do not flirt with women, they realize that you are with someone you meet. So I had to go up to the office and make a few phone calls to become really clean sheet. But I will never admit how many of those calls was actually.

So, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas were married in November 2000. In fact, the original date of the wedding, they appointed September 25 - a symbolic day. But ... the bride was dressed in caring for newborn son ...
When she suddenly became pregnant, she suggested that the future muzhuMayk, come this way: first I face your child, and then play the wedding. And in August 2000, he was born of Dylan.

And one of the chic weddings in Hollywood history took place on November 18 in a New York hotel "Plaza". For photos from this celebration OK magazine had to pay 1, 6 million dollars. Among the invited guests were Jack Nicholson, Sharon Stone, Brad Pitt, Sean Connery, Anthony Hopkins, Steven Spielberg, and who would have thought, UN Secretary General Kofi Annan. Catherine was a designer dress with diamonds by Christian Lacroix.

Luxurious wedding flowed smoothly into a happy family life. Three years later, the couple had a daughter Carys. Michael Douglas has become a very caring and devoted father of a family, a career for him relegated to second plan.Eto surprising: when the person has a wife, 25 years his junior, also a movie star, and later born children, comes the time to radically change their lives . What happened. In the first place I now have a family, children. I can not afford to repeat the mistakes I made in his youth.

And here it was the opposite Catherine - she just stepped on his creative path of stellar and retreat from it was not going to. Of course, the actors-parents assigned their schedules so that someone was always with the children, but most of this "someone" was the name of Michael, which woke up a real volcano paternal feelings. Moreover, it is only now realized how poorly trained and neglected by his first son.

At his home in Bermuda Douglas happy to take care of children: bathe them, I walked with them and even cooked them every morning for breakfast pancakes, while Catherine was on semkah.My are at different stages of life, so Michael and tells me not refuse an offer for the family, work, while there is a fuse. He has become everything in his career has just reached and can live without professional obligations do only what he wants right now: whether to play in the "Wall Street 2", if the oven pancakes ....

Well, survived: dozens of films, two "Oscars", and the child is convinced that the only thing that I can - is pancakes ... And on the other hand, do not show him the "Basic Instinct"! Second, laughing, his wife, Michael.

However, besides luck, fate prepared for them and hard times with the tests. When, finally, the roar subsided skeptics, almost every year heralds the collapse of their alliance, came another problem - 66 years, Douglas was diagnosed with throat cancer fourth stage. So it was the turn to become caring nurse Catherine, every minute she was there with her husband. And a year later, Michael said that he could beat the disease with the help of the strong support of people close to him: I used to imagine this could not. All this made me realize how priceless family and friends.

But after her husband became ill from suffering stress itself Katherine: after a year of struggle for the life of Michael and emotional tension she had a manic-depressive syndrome. Needless to say that the couple once again experienced a new attack together. Calm and happy again came to their house.

The couple have another house - Spain - where they spend time alone together, retire from everything sveta.My try to spend there at least for a while. As a rule, together - Michael and me. Just swimming, talking, music, long dinners ...

Typically, if each of the two cares about the welfare of each other, their general well-being simply does not make sense somewhere to disappear. The secret of happiness is usually brilliant, but simple.

Tags

See also

New and interesting