Kamchatka: on a lava field Avacha (25 photos)

It is only from a distance looks peaked volcano cone on the sky. In fact, its top is a pretty wide field. Lava field on which we walk today ...

1. Although the word "walk" does not quite fit. You have to navigate between huge bulyganov or jump from one to the other.

2. All would be nothing if it were not for the asphyxiating poisonous vapors escaping from the earth.

3. But for other forms of life such as lichens, or- hell knows who they are! - Living conditions very acceptable. Stones covered with multi-colored patina of the public organisms.

4. There, on the edge of the lava field, on the crest of a few people, but soon began to get dark, they went down and I was left alone.

6. lucky with the weather - blue sky and clouds!

7. Neighbour - Volcano Koryaksky - judging from this picture is slightly higher than Avacha. Although it depends on the angle of view, so it is not a fact ...

8. a slope here Koryaksky, covered with clouds, and it becomes clear that down there, the weather can be quite different ...

9. Avacha never ceases to amaze combination of colors, especially bright they appear in the evening light as it is now.

10. This and bright yellow sulfur ...

11. and bright red rocks, probably saturated with iron compounds. Let me now connoisseur -vulkanolog laugh and maybe give a more precise definition of the reasons for this color.

14. Do not become clean in Photoshop this pattern "rock art". Let the joy in his writings - he was afraid to go unnoticed, the beauty of nature it was not enough and he added his (do not understand these freaks!

17. Here is a combination of gray and red I also really like!

18. A clear separation between the coal-black and dark krasnym- like someone spilled paint!

20. The ice crystals on the rock, almost icicles, not only directed downwards and sideways. An interesting phenomenon, it may be due to both the strong winds here at the top ...

21. and everything alive, warm, despite the snow lay.

22. At the other end is another fumarole, but I'm up to it today no longer have time - to wade through this heap of stones in the dark is not safe ...

23 down there - the ocean to the horizon. I hear clearly the sound of gunfire, apparently caliber - not otherwise firing from a warship. I wonder how loud it would seem - on such a scale, long distances, and it seems that the very close. Here is the power!

25. In fact, Petropavlovsk -Kamchatsky really very close, you can see it even from here. One can see the bay, which come warships and submarines. Two submarine I even managed to see, but certainly not from the top of the volcano, and later, when we were on the shore of the bay, and I'll show you these pictures!

Source: fotomm.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting