Diamond mine

This diamond mine is located in the northern part of Slave Lake in northwestern Canada, 300 kilometers from the city of Yellowknife. During its existence, it has already become an important part of the regional economy, which employs 700 people. Mine brings diamond 1500 kg per year. After a survey of the territory in 1992 began construction of a career, which began production in January 2003. Quarry includes 3 kimberlite turubki that are part of the kimberlite field Lac de Gras (Lac de Gras), located on the same island area of ​​20 square meters. km. 220 km. from the Arctic Circle.

Lifetime career, is expected to be between 16 and 22 years. He became an important part of the economy of the region, providing jobs for more than 700 employees and an annual production of 8 million. Carats (1600 kg) of diamonds worth 100 million. Dollarov.Karer located on the island and has its own infrastructure the airport capable of receiving Boeing passenger.

Icy road connects the mine with polutorokilometrovoy gravel runway, which regularly takes the Boeing 737. In 2006, the ice road from Yellowstone to Dyavika and neighboring quarries later froze and melted early. For the rest of multi-ton mining equipment had to be delivered by air.

Source: masterok.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting