Pyramids in the Sverdlovsk region

Even without going into the details of when and why did this talc quarry - the place itself is interesting and unusual. The feeling that the ancient Egyptians and arrived here in the Sverdlovsk region, and it is here decided to build its first pyramid. Just kidding of course, but something like a pyramid quarry, agree? Development began in the late 19th century, and industrial extraction of ore in the '30s of the last century.

During perestroika, mining was discontinued careers preserved. Since then began a pilgrimage to this region tourists looking for something unusual. I first learned about the career of Shabrovskom site "Another Ural", dedicated to alternative routes to the Urals, the Ekaterinburg-based travelers, and my longtime LJ Friend Vitaly Zhenya vitkaravan janeli1. However, to reach Shabrovskogo was difficult enough without your car. But on mystical coincidence, my old friend, too, Sasha (not true, we have a rare name?), Also a lover of travel and also a longtime LJ Friend, was just about to go to the quarry. I volunteered to join him.
13 photos via puerrtto

Quarry stands out for its well shaped and hollowed in practically monolithic rock, reaching about 100 meters deep and 500 meters at its widest point. You descend down a quite steep wooden staircase. I advise caution - rotten steps, and fly down a long and uncomfortable. Down on the flat bottom of the table as a career, you can still watch some sort of mini "technogenic": a long-forgotten and rusted excavator, various trolleys, steel saws for cutting rock and other utensils. Above the quarry probroshena cable car linking the quarry and factory, where talc processed to the desired condition.

Quarry long been abandoned, but Coy what activity there is still underway: the pumping of groundwater. The fact that nature does not cease its efforts to return the space itself in its bowels. If you do not pump out the water, the pit will soon turn into a lake. The narrow ducts accumulate in the quarry water flows to the pumping station which pumped up.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting