How to speak clearly? 25 useful tips

1. Say "and" instead of "but».
eg., "This you have done well, and if you ...»
instead - "Yes, that's good, but you should ...»

Because "but" negates all that has been said before him.

2. Say "and" instead of "all the same».
eg., "I understand that you can not answer so fast and so let's ...»
instead of, "I understand that you can not answer right now, but still it would be better ...»

Because "all the same," says the person that you deeply care about his wishes, expectations, doubts or questions.

3. Use the word "for" instead of "against».
eg., "In order that something has changed, I will record in the sports section».
instead of "What would I still come up against boredom?»

4. Avoid rough "no" because the 'no' uttered with appropriate intonation, can produce a very negative impression on the partner.

5. crosses out the expression "honest" from your vocabulary, because it sounds like honesty for you - an exception.

6. Say "not" instead of "no».
eg., "not" or "not now." "As such, I do not like." "At the moment I have no time»
instead of "No, I do not like it" "No, I have no time».

Because "no" repulsive. "No" - it is something completed and the final decision.

7. Change the angle of view, using the word "already" in place of the word "yet».
eg., "You've already done half»
instead of "You are still only half done?»

Because the word "already" turning a little into a lot.

8. Forever remember the words "only" and "just" or replace them with others.
eg., "It is my opinion," "This is my idea»
instead of "I'm just saying my opinion," "It's just such an idea».

Cross out "just" and "only».

9. Remove the word "wrong." It is better to ask clarifying questions and show the other person that you are also trying to solve the problem.
eg., "It did not work out as expected. Let's think about how to fix the error, or to avoid it in the future »
instead of "Wrong! This is all your fault ».

10. Say "to" and "in so much" rather than "out" and "in the region." Just assign the expiration date and time.
eg., "I'll call you on Friday," "I'll call you tomorrow at 11 o'clock»
instead of "I'll call you later in the week" "I'll call you tomorrow around 11».

11. Ask open questions. Not content with monosyllabic answers "yes" or "no».
eg., "How do you like it?" "When can I call you back?»
instead of "Do you like it?" "You can be a call».

Because the questions "how", "what" or "who" ... extract valuable information.

12. Use the phrase "From that moment I ..." instead of "If I ...».
eg., "From now on I will listen carefully to the advice»
instead of "If I listened to his advice. Then this would have happened. »

Because "If I ..." regrets that it has been, and rarely makes it go further. It is better to look to the future. The wording "From that moment I ..." - a good basis for such a position.

13. Stop evading using the "ought" and "need to be».
Better: "It is important to do this job in the first place»
instead of "I must think about it," "You have to first finish the job».

"It would be necessary" and "would need to" not say anything specific. It is better to clearly name of (or something) who or what you're talking ("I" - "you" - "You" - "we").
Eg., "You ought to finish it", "You should give priority to this work»

14. Say "I do" or "I want" instead of "I have».
eg., "I would like first to think a little," "I first gather the necessary information»
instead of "I must first think a little," "I have to collect information».

"I have to" is due to coercion, pressure or external definition. Everything that you do with this setting, you do not go voluntarily. "I do" or "I would like" it sounds much more positive for other, more friendly and motivated.

15. crosses out the word "generally" and "proper" from your vocabulary.
eg., "That's right»
instead of, "Well, do it right».

"Actually," contains no information and is perceived as a limitation.

16. Say, "I recommend you" instead of "You must."
eg., "I advise you to trust me," "I encourage you to think about it", "I advise you to take a decision as soon as possible».

The words "shall" and "should" you expose the interlocutor pressure and robs him an opportunity to make a decision. "I recommend that you" sounds much more friendly and positive.

17. Use as alternatives to "I advise you to" like "I beg you" and "I'll be grateful to you».
eg., "I ask you to take a decision as soon as possible" "I am grateful to you if you trust me»
instead of "you have to take a decision as soon as possible" "You have to trust me».

"I beg you" and "I am grateful to you" is very easy to say, and they do a miracle.

18. Avoid all forms of negation; better to speak out positively.
eg., "It's going to be okay," "This is a really good idea" "It's easy for me»
instead of "This is not my problem" "really good idea" "It would be easy for me».

Speaking negatives, you go a long way. It's too complicated and can cause unpleasant associations. Speak directly and positively.

19. Avoid other typical forms with "no».
eg., "Please do not misunderstand me," "Please think about ...!" "Please follow ....!»
instead of "Please do not misunderstand me." "Please, do not forget that ....!" "Let's not lose sight of that!».

Such negative expression turns into a positive. Clearly you say what you want. Thus focuses attention on the desired goal.

20. Use the "motivating negations».
eg., "What you said is not entirely correct," "Here I am with you do not agree»
instead of "What you said is wrong," "I need you here to protest».

Motivating denial makes sense in situations where you need to tell another person something unpleasant or completely reject his suggestion. It is important that you submit your opinion and at the same time telling the truth. With the denial of motivating you can say it more politely. You aktsentiruete attention to the intended target.

21. Prefer precise concepts instead of nonspecific verbs "do," "work" and "to engage».
eg., "We have not yet made a decision on ...." "I just read a report" "The present situation is that ...»
instead of "We're not yet able to understand," "I'm working with the protocol" "We are doing everything we can».

Non-specific verbs leave too much freedom for interpretation.

22. Ask questions with "when" and "how" rather than those to which we can only answer "yes" or "no».
eg., "When you can help me ....?" "When can we meet?»
"When can I talk to you?»

In response to a question "whether" we get reaction only in the form of a "yes" or "no." When you can count on the results - remains open. So do not ask, probably "whether" such-and-so, and prdemonstriruyte their positive expectations with the help of "when" and "how».

23. Connect the other using "you" and "we" instead of having to constantly put themselves in the spotlight with "I».
eg., "You see now, what is it" "Please give me your address," "Now we are together we shall understand»
instead of "Now I'll show you what's wrong," "I still need your address" "Now I'll explain it to you».

If you keep talking in the first person, then you are pushing to the fore themselves and their actions. The use of "you" and "we" are combined and concentrated attention to the interlocutor, too.

24. strike out from your vocabulary, "never", "every", "everything", "always" and instead be specific.
eg., "Here you are sure to help me!" "You're the second week running late» & quot; ... and ... envy my success & quot;
instead of "Do not help me none," "You are always late" "They're all jealous of my success».

Remove generalization. Think about the "what" exactly what happened, "someone" concerned "when" it happened. To clearly identify their goals. Generalizations create a negative moment and limit future opportunities.

25. Produce reaction of the interlocutor by means of half-open questions.
eg., "How much do you like it?" "What other issues are on your side is essentially what has been said?
instead of "How do you like it?" "How do you my idea?" "What you have more questions?"

Correctly chosen word gives your question in the right direction. You will positively affect the reaction. The information you have previously sent to the positive direction.

Tags

See also

New and interesting