The most common mistakes in spoken and written language

Every day we communicate, talk on the phone, correspond online and pass on the latest rumors. Without noticing it, we do it. huge error.

You often don’t realize how many mistakes you make. Today's edition. "Site" I decided to highlight the top 10 mistakes that everyone makes in their speech.

Learning to speak correctly
  1. "Inside" or "Inside"

Neither option. wrong. The only correct option is “inside.” This word does not change, because it is an adverb. There is also the word “inside”, but it is not a form of the word “inside”, but a completely different word.

2. "Dress" or "put on"

Remember that you dress someone and wear something. The verb “dress” is used with animate objects, and “wear” with inanimate objects. That's what you were taught in school. A junior teacher also told me: “Learn to speak correctly and beautifully!”

3. "Finish" or "finish"

It's very easy to remember! They are doing something, but you can only finish it. school.

4. "I'll run" or "I'll win"

Neither option is right. There are no such words. This verb has no first-person form in the future. But what do you do when you have to say that word? Try to rearrange the phrase. so that you do not use this form. The same rule applies to the word vacuum. Do not use it under any circumstances!

5. "Sheet" or "sheet"

The correct option is only one – “wash”. If you always forget how to say the right thing, remember the Moydodyr song from the cartoon.

6. "Expresso" or "espresso"

The name of your favorite coffee is espresso. That's all!

7. "Coordinately" or "cardinally"

It is not known where this terrible word in Russian came from, because the words “coordinates” and “cardinal” have nothing in common. They have very different meanings. "Cardinally" means "wholly, completely, absolutely." The phrase "she radically changed her image in one day" means that the girl completely changed his image.

8. “In general,” “in general,” or “in general.”

The first option is incorrect and should not be said. Use either “in general” or “in general.” Learn to speak correctly and clearly!

9. "To the white knee" or "to the white heat"

It is correct to say "to white heat." Some people may have white knees, but this means that when the metal is heated, it becomes almost white. In the same way, the exposure of a person who hears time after time heats up. speechless.

10. "During" or "during"

Remember for the rest of your life: “during” is used as an excuse that relates to a certain period of time. But the phrase "within" is connected only by the stormy flow of a river or stream.

Trust me, people always like to hear. literateIn whatever circumstances you may be talking. Station, market or office – it does not matter. Try to always say the right thing.

Text messaging is an integral part of modern society. And this communication has some unwritten rules that everyone should know!

In order to remember all these rules, you need to train your memory every day. Our editors can offer you simple and effective rules for improving memory.

Competent speech is best formed from childhood. This is not difficult, because children like to repeat everything they hear and easily remember even the most difficult examples.

Tags

See also

New and interesting