Nicolas Cage (Nicolas Cage) of the film "Season of the Witch» (Season of the Witch)

"Season of the Witch» (Season of the Witch) - adventure fantastic story that tells about Bemene (Nicolas Cage), a man who returns home after years of brutal war, and discovers that his hometown covered by the epidemic of plague. The Church believes that to blame the witch (Claire Foy). Cardinal sends Bemena and his closest friend Felson (Ron Perlman) to accompany the strange girl to a remote monastery where priests perform an ancient ritual to rid the earth of the curse. During the trip, due to the series of disturbing events, the men reveal the dark secrets of the girl and start a battle with a powerful force that can determine the fate of the entire world.

That you are interested in this film, and what attracted character?
I think I have long been ripe for such a role. For several years, I wanted to play in a really scary movie, play a brave knight, darting through the woods, and that's what gave me the project. In addition, I had the chance to work again with Charles Roven, producer, with whom we worked together on the movie "City of Angels". I believe that to make movies about the supernatural is always very interesting and exciting.

So what does this tell you about the character that you immediately agreed to do this movie?
I immediately liked my character, especially its religious and ethical beliefs. After each overcome life obstacles its relationship with faith and God becomes closer. It is these elements in the iconoclastic hero interested me in the first place.

Movie Stills:

Once you have agreed on the role you would like to bring any concrete changes for your character?
They were not so much. I knew that I would have to learn how to properly wield a sword and a good stay in the saddle. Neither one nor the other, I do not ever tried. So immediately after finishing work on "Bad Lieutenant," I went on the set of the film "Season of the Witch" and began teaching fencing. And after I fanatically trying to learn to ride, until I realized that I can confidently stand in the saddle in front of camera.

Many of your roles require prior physical training. How easy is it you are training?
I really like the fact that many of my heroes are physically active. Of course, now my body is not the same as it was 17, but I still try to keep myself in shape.

In the movie "Season of the Witch" you not only had to get used to the new role, but to learn to pass the atmosphere of another epoch. There were some funny moments or complexity associated with that?
I think the real challenge for me was the sense of himself as a knight, and of learning to ride a horse and possession of a sword. These elements had to be completely authentic audience to believe in the authenticity of what is happening. But the most fun is probably the fact that I was able to realize his childhood dream of becoming a knight who fights the forces of darkness. To be honest, I am going to see this movie.

Will this film a lot of computer graphics?
No, in this picture, almost all natural. If viewers see us galloping on horseback through the woods or stealthy - a "live" recording. Green screen on which is superimposed after assembly has been used a few times.

What for you as an actor, then work with Christopher Lee?
I'm a huge fan of Christopher Lee. I can only say that he is a living legend in the movie, and he continues to do a wonderful job. Remember his role in "The Lord of the Rings." So I am very glad that I was able to work with him.

What are your favorite movies with Christopher Lee?
I really liked the way he played in the film "The Wicker Man».

What was it like to work with you and Ron Perlman?
Before, I did not have to be removed with Ron. But he really liked me as an actor. He is a good man with a good sense of humor. We are very quick and easy to find a common language.

At the premiere of "Season of the Witch»:

What can you say about Dominic Sena, as the director and co-author?
Dominic is a real boon for actors because he is always ready to listen to their ideas. We have previously worked together on the film "Gone in 60 Seconds," which turned out a real shooter. Well, the "Season of the Witch" - a picture that requires serious creativity. I believe that Dominique coped with the task of "excellent».

Filming of "Season of the Witch" took place in Austria, Hungary and Croatia. If you had the opportunity to go back to one of these countries, where would you go?
I would have went to Austria. I really liked the ancient Celtic culture, sacred places in the depths of the forest. All this can not fail to fascinate. There there is a certain energy that makes you feel. It seems as if you are in a fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm.

Tags

See also

New and interesting