Wonderful custom

Cafe in Naples. Enter two and say: "Five of coffee we drink now, two and three are suspended in the air." Go to pay - pay for 5 and drink their coffee 2.
Then enter the girls, drink your coffee, pay normally.
Consists of three lawyers. Bought seven coffee: "Three we drink, and the four suspended" - paid for seven, drink your coffee and go.
So, in the Neapolitan cafe people somehow pay for five cups, drink two, pay for seven and three drink. At the same time say that the rest of the cup - "suspended in the air».
Quote: "We are with De Sica dosidela talking, before noon, the doors were opened, I looked at this sunlit area, and suddenly I saw some dark shadow approaching the door when it is already at the door of the bar can see that this is a poor man, he looks into the cafe and asks: "Is there a hung coffee?» »

P.S. In the novel "The Family" Tonino Benakvista describes the custom still exists. It is called un caffe sospeso («suspended coffee"): "... Rest in Naples, heard about an old custom that is still honored some thence bistro owners. Given the price of espresso at the bar (pennies or less), customers often scraped detail pockets and bought two coffees, drinking while only one. A bartender recorded myself on board one free

Tags

See also

New and interesting