Here I write mostly about London, but very much important for the whole of Great Britain and England in particular.
1. In the UK traditionally distributed individual taps for hot and cold water. It's not very comfortable, but why it is accepted - I do not know.
2. The majority of Britons consider themselves British, while the Scots - only the Scots and Irish - exclusively Irish.
3. Highlights, depending on the part of Great Britain, and even part of the city (London, for example) vary considerably. Sometimes also by the degree of class privilege.
4. British wild cold-resistant people, the children go to school in short pants and skirts with a golf up to the cold, so to see a man in a vest in November - a normal phenomenon.
5. They really love pubs. Every Friday you will find a huge crowd, drinking beer and a traditional ale in pubs, where people will stand even in the street in the cold if they do not have enough space.
6. In London everything is very close and compact, mostly small apartments, as well as cafes and restaurants.
7. Because of the compactness of the table you can plant someone, if you sit at a table for four, and you have only two.
8. Sometimes it seems that the British love the crowd. In the pubs is so many people that created vpechatlenieo that can "stand" only podsognutymi feet. At the same time it does not stop new visitors.
9. Even if your English is very average, will tell you that you speak well. In the case of objection adding that their Russian in any case worse.
10. In local supermarkets just darkness ready meals for every taste, which should be consumed within a few days of purchase. There you can find Chinese and Indian, and English, and the devil knows what else the kitchen.
11. Taxi unbelievable expensive, but it can be stopped absolutely everywhere and at any time. For example, from the airport to the center in less than 2500-3000 rubles do not get there, although it is just outside the city, but not in the near "zamkade».
12. In London, an incredibly huge and developed underground, it reaches all corners of the city, including the airport, and incredibly integrated with the stations.
13. The fare depends on what's what in the "zone" of the city you are traveling. Center - Zone 1, a total of 6, if I remember correctly. Rates vary widely depending on the distance.
14. The minimum fare on the subway - something around 150 rubles, that a lot.
15. All over the city you can find stations with bicycles. Using a credit card, they can be hired for a specified period. On the day costs about 70 rubles, and it wildly convenient.
16. Many are sympathetic to Putin and called it really courageous and harsh policies.
17. When you tell the truth about the Russian Federation, many sincerely empathize and wonder where we live.
18. In contrast to Moscow, in London a little sushi bars, but generally varied cuisine. A lot of Indian restaurants.
19. The total number of restaurants is huge.
20. Absolutely in any area you can find a laundry room, as home to wash shirts and tank tops are not accepted at all.
21. Many of the British in the role nurses perform baliyki, secretly and Filipina. Sometimes they barely speak in English, and how to understand their children - a mystery to me until now.
22. If we talk about politics, many will agree that Western democracy - shit, like politics in general.
23. If you said you were from Russia, the first question you will be asked of you in Moscow or not.
24. Even in the city center you can find stalls and tiny shops selling Pakistanis and Indians are different left-branded clothes.
25. Every weekend morning on many squares and public gardens are formed Fair farm and homemade food after 13.00 of the day with fire will not find.
26. By the way, no one will understand the time 15.00, only 3 pm. Our system is only used to indicate the direction of the army, such as "the enemy at 16.00».
27. Many Englishmen are proud of their army and the fact of having a nuclear weapon.
28. Almost always when you make a service, replenishment of accounts, and so on. D. A telephone talk with the robot.
29. Many Englishmen were in Paris only once or not at all visited, although by train from central London to central Paris journey takes only 2 hours.
30. The crowd at the pub is always very noisy, how people distinguish between what anybody says, I do not know.
31. In almost all the pubs of eating only traditional dishes: potatoes with fish, mashed potatoes with sausages and burgers at best.
32. Meet in broad daylight man in a tuxedo (dinner suit in English, suit for dinner) - absolutely fine.
33. In the center there is no shopping center in our understanding. This is a purely American theme, everything is segmented.
34. Without a bank card to make much impossible.
35. When you tell about our policy, many are surprised by how much we know about it. English pretty little interest in such things.
36. Almost every Londoner house at least 400 channels in HD with features include subtitles, rewinding and recording gear.
37. There are no Cinemas, which is everything. Typically, each shows only certain films.
38. In the London underground there is a special place for musicians, and they may very well earn.
39. In addition to such giants as McDonald's, Burger King and KFC, are very common in the UK local network with different types of sandwiches and other products, mainly not heated. According to my observations, they are even more, but apart from Subway in Russia no one.
40. The British apologize for any reason, even if nothing serious is not done. For example, if a person stands before leaving the store and noticed your momentary confusion on this issue - he apologized.
41. Home can order almost everything: food, alcohol, and even a hookah.
42. Cashiers can tell you so much about 4-7 times during a single purchase.
43. If you hear playing British classics like The Beatles, Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin, you will soon grow into their eyes and go to the next level of communication.
44. Sometimes on the streets you can find a huge aunts. Frankly, I'm afraid of.
45. English humor is really very svoebrazny.
46. Local laws require pubs to clean up the surrounding area in the street cleaners always avoid them.
47. Sign in almost all the major museums in the country is absolutely free. You decide how many are willing to sacrifice the museum.
48. Never saw homeless animals. It is unlikely that they are euthanized rather kept in special nurseries.
49. None of the grocery store does not work after 21-22 pm.
50. Many customs and different signs in different parts of the United Kingdom (Great Britain, Scotland, Ireland and Wales).
51. Almost any product from the supermarket and fast food is a big inscription - grown in the UK.
52. Smoking is prohibited throughout the premises.
53. You can find a club for every taste. There are those, where it plays a very tough electronic music, while it will be two-three rooms with different directions. People so much that sometimes get really difficult.
54. subway passengers are always left to read the newspaper. Newcomers take them and also read. Thus, the newspaper of the day, I was not one owner.
55. Hookah's not very popular. You can find a few institutions concentrated in the Arab quarter. This hookah smoking is also prohibited in the rooms, but there are heaters on the street, and people smoking throughout the year. If you want, you can find a place where to do inside, but warned that will be taken if the cops come.
56. Unlike many other Europeans, the British gladly go to visit. Although in order to invite you, you should pass some time.
57. Instead, on the iPhone mania as we do, then almost all BlackBerry. Through his service data in encrypted form (BBM) coordinated many riots this summer. After that, the state required to provide access to this information.
58. Estate agents always want to trick you by using your ignorance of local laws.
59. If something significant order home (furniture, carpet, appliances), it's just hell. In new houses all takes concierge. But if not, then never tell the exact time of delivery. Usually something like 2 to 9 pm. It calls for 30 minutes, so very far from home do not go out.
60. Because of this delivery system all the neighbors "insure" each other and take the goods for you if they are at home.
61. The average annual rainfall is 584 mm, which is less than in Rome or Sydney. So the eternal rains London - a myth.
62. Almost everyone has an umbrella, because rain may begin very suddenly. But usually it is short-lived and quickly fizzles.
63. It is common money in the form of coins. The biggest advantage of a 2-pound corresponds to 100 rubles from us.
64. Ordinary police do not carry firearms.
65. On the street you can find the breed seems to be all the dogs in the world. Some are simply obsessed with dogs.
66. Taxi drivers are very talkative. If you maintain a conversation with them and be polite, you can even get an invitation with a drink in the pub.
67. Builders - almost all immigrants from Eastern Europe, one can often hear Russian speech.
68. Sometimes you can find old women and Dedkov 70-80 years who dress in the fashion of 40-50-ies and look very conservative, but they have some charm and dignity.
69. You can also find an old man of 70 years in the military parade of the royal form or in the Navy. To such people in society adopted treated with special respect.
70. People are very touchy. If you accidentally touched someone and do not apologize, you say that you are ill-educated and reminded about the need to say sorry in such cases.
71. In general, the products are very fresh and varied. Also sour cream, black bread, sausages and yogurt doctoral you can find everything.
72. If so, you really missed the homeland, then you will find shops with Russian food and Russian restaurants. Usually they keep people from Russia and the CIS countries.
73. London - the city bursts. Then turn to Starbucks, McDonalds, Apple Store, and even in restaurants. When released iPhone 4S, people came from the tents to the store at 5 am to take a turn. This is normal.
74. Every taxi driver takes a very tough exam on knowledge of the city, where foreigners do not take the job. My street length of 200 meters, but there was not one case that did not know where she is.
75. Normally, the British end their analogue undergraduate and do not go to the magistracy.
76. They also do not have the master's degree, but only doctoral (PHD). If you have it, you are to them just to dizzying heights.
77. In the tourist area of Soho, you can smell marijuana on every corner and nobody cares. In the worst case, you could face a fine.
78. At the outlets almost always there is a button switch, so I never have anything to pull out of the socket.
79. Before entering the subway always handing out free newspapers.
80. In general, this is a very carefully thought-through the country, anyone who is thinking to move here, I can wholeheartedly recommend!