Hong 10 (7 pics + 1 video)

One of the world famous B-Boys Hong 10. I want to tell you about it.
Under the cut interview with him, photos and his achievements.

Name: Kim HONG Yul
Nationality: South Korea
Team: Drifters & Project Soul
Born in Seoul, Korea
Lives in Seoul, South Korea

Hobbies: photography, snowboarding, reading, water board-wakeboarding
Other activities: Dance

Motto: "Always be the best and never give up!"

Achievements

2001 I place Be B-Boy, Japan
2001 II place Dance Delight, Tokyo
I place 2002 Style Wars, Korea
2002 I place HipHop Connection B-BOY Master Mixed Battle Vol. 1
2002 I place B-Boy Unit Vol.4, Korea
2002 I place B-Boy Master Championship, Korea
2002 I place Be B-Boy, Japan
I place 2002 Battle Of The Year, Korea
I place 2002 International Battle Of The Year, Germany
II place in 2002 UK B-Boy Championships, Solo Battle, London
I place 2002 UK B-Boy Championships, Crew Battle, London
2002 II place FreeStyle Session Japan
2003 I place B-Boy Master Mixed Battle Vol.3
2003 I place France Hip Hop Planet
I place 2003 UK B-Boy Championships, Crew Battle, London
I place in 2003 Pro-Am Euro, Frpntsiya
2004 I place B-Boy UNIT Vol.6. Korea
2004 I place B-Boy Challenge Vol.4
II place in 2004 UK B-Boy Championships, Solo Battle, London
I place 2004 UK B-Boy Championships, Crew Battle, London
2004 I place Freestyle Session Korea
2004 I place B-Boy Challenge Grand Championship
2005 I place KOBE Battle, Japan
I place in 2005 FIFA Hip Hop World Challenge 1on1 Battle
II place in 2005 UK B-Boy Championships, Solo Battle, London
I place 2005 UK B-Boy Championships, Crew Battle, London
2005 II place RED BULL BC ONE, Berlin, Germany

Personal Profile
HONG 10 is always on top of the world and is known as one of the most original and persistent b-boys in the world. Previously, he was a member of the Korean team Expressions, now part of Drifterz Crew, as well as Korean star team Project Soul, along with several members of the Rivers Crew. Recognized for its judges difficult, unique style and cleanly executed stunts, he was second in last year's RED BULL BC ONE. His business cards are elements of Bridge '90s, Chair Flares, Chair Threads, Drop Chair Freezes, and HONG 10 Freeze.

Kim first saw the dance break, video from a friend. It was a record "US Freestyle Session 3" and he as the saying goes, "blown away." He started with his friends, but at first they were just having fun and enjoy it. Frankly, he still does not understand how it happened, and how he became who ect.

As his name in Korean HONG Yul, and Yul translated as ten. So now his name -HONG 10. In fact, it sounds like Hang 10, there is an element in surfing. Kim loves snowboarding and wakeboarding, he's a great photographer and a lot of reading. Despite the fact that his family is constantly worried about his health and the future, they will always support him and come to cheer on the competition. His team - it's his strength, his friends, his criticism and support for number one.

Kim wants to dance life. He understands that it will not be easy, but as long as he does not have other plans. He would like to explore other areas of Hip Hop culture, but all the time goes to dance classes, and at the moment for him the main thing - is to be the best B-Boy. This means respect what you're doing, their younger colleagues and experienced dancers, as well as the past and future of this art. A good B-Boy / Girl always ready to learn something new and not to be arrogant. "This is great - to win and get the respect, but we must not forget that this is a two-way street, and you also have to respect your opponent." Kim grateful Hip Hopa for science and hard way in life.

Its strategy - to study the enemy and be ready for his attack. He always tries to preserve his strength until the very end and I am sure it is much stronger than their rivals, thanks to the continuous training of the respiratory and cardiac systems. Kim a great strategist, he collects his fist in the body and mind and clearly calculates all the moves. He has a huge repertoire and make sure he keeps the main weapon at the ready, and know when to shoot.

The movement in Korea is constantly evolving. B-boys do business, are shot in music videos, television, and every month there are held several battles. People interested in breakdancing, and they are proud that their fellow countryman became the winner in a variety of major competitions. But HONG 10 is concerned that this dance is becoming more commercial, and that it can lead to the decline, as it did in America in the 80s.

HONG 10 knows that the victory is important, but it is not the most important thing. Losing to some fraction of a second there. where he really wanted to win, forcing him to become more and more resistant and to be always in shape. This gives him more excitement in further training. He really cares what awaits him in the future.

Tell us a little about yourself, how old are you, where are you from, etc?

I am 24 years old. I'm from Seoul, South Korea.

Which teams are you now you participate?

At the moment I will manifest myself to a party of two teams: Drifters Crew and Project Soul. Drifters Crew consists of unusual and unique in its own dancers, each of which has its own style of expression in dance. Our team is constantly improving. If you can really enjoy the dance, you'll be able to feel it and get in the flow of the dance. I believe that, despite the fact that each dancer in our team has its own unique style, it does not mean that our team a mess - it also has its own style.

B-boys and B-Girls Many first learned about you from BOTY 2002 competition where you took part in the team of Expression Crew. Why did you leave this team?

I, in fact, is not so easy to answer this question. In short, our vision of dance, our goals, mind were large differences. I learned a lot from the Expression Crew and acquired many skills, which I did not have before. But I would like to develop further, and apparently, there went our approaches.
When did you start b-boying?

I dragged friends. When I first started, breakdancing movement is at an early stage, so it was difficult to learn to dance. Usually I watched different video bboys and realized how to dance. Actually, I wanted to dance, and his friends dragged me.

Describe your style!

My style is constantly changing, and I always try to come up with something new.
I still feel the shortcomings in various aspects of their dance, but I intend to continue to work until I'll do exactly the style I want.

What is the b-boying scene in South Korea today?

With b-boying movement in Korea, everything is fine. There is development. Now - through a variety of dance performances, as well as through a variety of media (television, advertising, cinema). Although I see negative traits in the development of B-boying in Korea. There is a conflict, and it is amplified between bboys that daily exercise, and those who use the Internet incomprehensible Tutorials that are vaccinated, carry with them an irregular supply of knowledge, terminology, history, etc. There are many aspects that still need to correct and develop. B-Girls and B-Boys of Korea, including myself, have to continue to learn, that is - to truly be Bibo. I want to see b-boys, who do not dwell on the development of their skills.

How many times a week do you train?

My goal - to train every day, but personal files and various performances do not allow me to stick such a regime. As a result, I get 5-6 days a week when I'm training.

Recommend the best way to train.

Just be free, rest. I do not like to be closed in some way or attached to something, you just have to dance. Be yourself. Dance. Dance to the music - that's a real pleasure. This is not a drill, but one of the most basic elements of b-boying and dance.

What will you do when you are no longer able to dance?

I'm not sure. Sometimes I think, what would I do if I stop dancing, but as long as I'm not going to leave the dance. Even if I can no longer dance due to age or injury, I was anyway I could work in the field of b-boying culture.

If you could go anywhere on the planet, no matter where you went and why?

In truth, I want to go wherever you can. I would also like once again to visit the places where already was. When I travel to foreign competition, I can not really know the country or the city. This may sound cheeky, but I want to visit places such as the Arctic or Antarctica.

What plans do you and your team for the future?

I will continue to b-boying. The style that I want to find, difficult to achieve, but I did not stop their search. Me and my team will continue to show the world a professional dance Art. We often participate and win in many major competitions, but my main goal - to show the world amazing performances.

Tags

See also

New and interesting