Bush mixed up the phone number and "framed" the small school

In a small American school inundated with phone calls after George W. Bush in his televised address he called the wrong phone number, and repeated it twice. The US president, known for his verbal gaffes called troubled homeowners to call the help desk to get advice on how to mitigate the effects of tariff growth.

"I want to appeal to all homeowners who are worried about rising mortgage payments: the best thing you can do for your family, this call 1-800-995-HOPEĀ», - he said, and then reiterated number.

In fact it turned out that the number of the Christian Academy (Freedom Christian Academy) of Texas where the phone immediately began ringing incessantly.

Employee Karen Pulaski Academy instructed to redirect callers to the Foundation for the Preservation of homeownership (Home Ownership Preservation Foundation).

"I struggled to give these people the right number, but now calls became so much that I've just been doing" - she told Dallas Morning News.

According to her, she turned off the phone on Thursday afternoon. Now most of the callers can listen to the information that the message box is full.

Staff at the White House later specified number correctly: 1-888-995-HOPE, this phone is contained in the online version of Bush's speech.

A source

Tags

See also

New and interesting