Pontiac Safari 1958.

This car came thanks to a happy occasion. Not even the case, and extremely happy coincidence. There is such a modest American guy Robert Garakoches (we'll call the American custom of his just Bob), which is just crazy with wood-style. Recall that the first machines with wooden external panels - this is the "Woody-style" - appeared long before the grandfathers of today's Champions D1 bombed Pearl Harbor. Dreamed about a guy classic van and bought an old Pontiac Safari, released in 1958.

The first thing that caught my eye in the new owner - a strange contrast: no state body and perfectly preserved chrome. Kurt, our friend Bob, and along parts store owner gave the idea to cross Available car with good old Bonneville. Suitable sample - the same age Safari - found in far-away Montana from Bob got his car part of the roof and spectacular plumage in the style of "I want to space." When it came to an end, Bob picked up the grinder has not yet cooled down and cried when on board will not be a tree, he sawed into pieces released in 1964, a spectacular Pontiac Grand Prix, owned by Kurt! .. I had to perform, and this request. However, Bob managed to cut off from the Grand Prix some details, then to quietly install them in his "voodoo car." But it is not immediately noticed: the interior stands out not so much "left" details how green vinyl color "Calypso" and creamy skin.

Bob's dream come true. But he did not want to just leave the garage became his mother and habitually parked there. And the mechanics of inertia put under the hood of a 400-horsepower engine from the same Grand Prix (whom he cut needed :) A large proportion of the power of the engine belongs quad Edelbrock from Corvette. Finally, some Americans without pneumatic rollers and chrome plating? In this instance should set Air Ride Technologies, and the place of the standard stampings occupied large rollers Radir Tri-Rib a diameter of 15 inches. But Bob did not want to put any more. And now attention. Bob promised to give the bank the green paint to those who call details of the interior of the Grand Prix in his cabin. Risknёsh?

Tags

See also

New and interesting