Back in the spring, my son promised that he would take me on vacation, but when I recently remembered this, a scandal broke out

Going on vacation with your parents as a child, getting sunburnt, splashing around in the sea and getting poisoned by local baklava. What could be better for a child who has never traveled or been anywhere in his life before? Literally everything remains in your memory: right down to the interior of the bus that takes you to your destination and the face of a pretty local girl whom you saw only briefly once.

Peels This adults need only two things from the sea: sun and peace. Children enjoy swimming, walking, running, looking for crabs, and watching the waves in windy weather. For this reason, some misunderstandings may even arise among the family on vacation. Many have encountered conflicts while on vacation: someone suddenly becomes more active in one place, while others, on the contrary, become a natural controller of everything. And the situation may simply get out of control little by little.

Holidays with parents So my golden autumn has come. Although some will say that 57 years is something like a second youth, my opinion on this matter will remain unchanged. Let millionaires try to deceive the mirror. I love and respect my age.

I live alone, but I'm not lonely at all. I divorced my husband a long time ago, but we remained on normal terms and I have no complaints against him. Moreover, he actively helped me raise our only son, about whom I want to talk a little more today. Kirill is a very smart and well-read guy. Well, for me he’s still a guy, a kid. But in fact, he is about to turn thirty. It’s still hard for me to believe this, but it’s true.

My father and I, and then I personally, raised our son as an ordinary, normal young man. No one yelled at him because of his mediocre grades at school, or tried to make him a “support” for his parents’ future. I just wanted Kirill to be happy, and that’s all. He and I were always friends and could share some of our inner experiences and thoughts. Therefore, today I can be proud of myself as a mother. I completed my task perfectly.

The son grew up, graduated from college and found himself a wife. Then they took out a mortgage on the apartment and bought not a new car, but still a car. For example, I still don’t have rights. And my ex-husband too. So our son surpassed us in this too. What's not to be proud of a mother, right?!

Peels We communicate well with him and with my daughter-in-law, but quite recently Kirill and I had a not-so-pleasant situation. It’s interesting for me to talk about her, because probably other parents who already have their own adult children sometimes find it difficult to find a common language with them. But at least I'll try.

So, in early spring, even at the end of winter, my son and his wife agreed to go on vacation together. How about the three of us go? Even though I’m not a girl anymore, I love the sea. Good weather, salt water, sun. I've always liked these things. The son promised that they would definitely take me with them and that’s where the conversation ended. It’s not that I was only thinking about this, but a couple of days ago I reminded my son of his words.

All why, because somehow I overheard a conversation between Kirill and my daughter-in-law about the fact that they need to lose weight in order to look beautiful in the summer. Well, I have my own views on this matter; youth in itself is beautiful. But my son has not listened to me in this regard for a long time. No matter how many times I tell him that he looks good, he just shrugs it off. And when I turned to him this time, he also tried to somehow brush off his promise. Then I pressed a little more and, as it turned out, it was completely in vain. Because we even almost quarreled with him.

My son refused to go on vacation with me. But I tried not to talk about it directly. And his car is small, and this year he will have to take a lot of things. And the road is long. And for me, a pensioner, it’s expensive to buy a ticket for myself. And food at sea is not cheap. So why doesn’t my son want to take my place at all? A couple of months ago things were different. Was it really the daughter-in-law who talked it into it?! Or is he no longer interested in spending time with his parents?

That's where we parted ways. I am with my thoughts, he is with his. Well, I thought this was his gratitude. He didn’t want to take his own mother with him on vacation. We made it. But the next day my daughter-in-law called me personally and, with a slightly worried voice, offered to meet and talk. Naturally, I agreed, but my mood before the meeting was, as they say, combative.

And completely in vain. The daughter-in-law did not pound water in a mortar and from the very beginning started talking about our unpleasant situation in which we all found ourselves. No, she did not invite me to go with the three of them. On the contrary, she promised to do it next time. And this time leave everything as it is. But she explained why she and her husband made such a decision. Then everything fell into place. And holidays with parents have nothing to do with it. Everything is much simpler.

Children. They want to have a child and the most suitable dates fell during the holiday period. And my adult son, as it turned out, still cannot talk with his mother about some “forbidden” topics. So it was easier for him to vaguely hint to me, almost to quarrel, but not to reveal that he and his wife just wanted to be alone with each other. And it was in vain, because it was very awkward for me to blush while sitting directly opposite my daughter-in-law. As if I turned out to be so slow-witted and stupid at my age.

Peels But everything ended well, don't worry. The children are going without me, to create their own atmosphere and, I hope, grandchildren. And I'm flying to Egypt. The hotel is five stars, all inclusive. A gift from my son so I wouldn't be offended. This is how an ordinary conversation can first turn everything upside down, and then return everything as it was. So I advise all my peers to think about it. Maybe you just don’t understand your children, and that’s why you quarrel? Try talking to them again, calmly. Perhaps this will solve many problems for you in the future. Good luck!

Tags

See also

New and interesting